• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bianchi "Military" holster

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Was looking at these while at Sportsman's Warehouse the other day. Look pretty decent, the flap is easily lifted, I figure with some practice I could draw from it as fast as any other holster, plus it has the advantage of keeping a lot of rain off the gun. (Living in the south Puget Sound this is a concern, oh about 13 months out of the year or so...:))

Attachments

• 14-5010.jpg
    14-5010.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 1,439

N00blet45

imported post

I got one, it's nice and durable and there is no worry about retention. The only problem is that my handgun is a little too big to fit into the holster comfortably. It will fit in if I push it in firmly but it doesn't come out easy enough for my liking. I'm thinking that if I could get something to soften up the cloth/nylon/material I could make it work, I might be able to break it in a little bit too.

The thing I like about it most is the flap on the top. It isn't that hard to draw. Practice a little bit and you'll realize all you have to do is pull the black plastic lip down and then pull your hand up to the grip of the gun and continue by pulling it up, it's not as difficult as it sounds.

Erus

imported post

I have the UM84. Love it. It's tough, SILENT, (tuck the flap pull handle up under the flap) and fits my 1911 perfectly. Nice and cozy. It has a "cleaning rod" built in as well, even though that is little more than a last resort (flimsy plastic rod, but the slot in the holster can be used for a sturdier one) and it also has a loop at the bottom for tie down, or for added drop accessories. I also have the thumbstrap between hammer and frame (always carry condition 1) under the flap so retention is rock solid. I don't always usethe flap day to day, but in "outdoorsy" conditions, it keeps the gun locked tight and clean and safe from collateral damage.

You can also get lots of variations on this platform. Drop leg, Shoulder & even vertical (upright or inverted)chest too, as well as it's reversable/abidexterous, and can be worn horizontal or vertical on the belt. The clips fit and LOCK TIGHT on full width GI pistol belts, but also hold tight to "regular" belts.

This is not always a great OC holster, it is kind of bulky, but it is always the first holster I buy for a new large frame auto. (have had three of them for more than a few pistols in my time)

(minecurrently is black, btw.. but I like the OD and CAMO version too. lol)

Erus

Jeff the Baptist

imported post

Does anyone know what the quick-lock feature that comes on some of these holsters does? The versions without it are often considerably cheaper than the newer versions with it. It looks like it might let you use the holster with PALS webbing or something, but I haven't found anything concrete that tells me what Quick-Lock does.

I'm thinking about picking one or more of these bianchi holsters up for my 1911 and hipower, but I'd like to know whether spending the extra money is worth it.

thnycav

imported post

It is a nice holster and does hold up well. I bought one when they first came out when I was with the 101st Abn. They can be worn on ether side but to the rear. Does make it nice keeps it out of the way of M60 or M16.

Erus

imported post

Jeff the Baptist wrote:
Does anyone know what the quick-lock feature that comes on some of these holsters does? The versions without it are often considerably cheaper than the newer versions with it. It looks like it might let you use the holster with PALS webbing or something, but I haven't found anything concrete that tells me what Quick-Lock does.

I'm thinking about picking one or more of these bianchi holsters up for my 1911 and hipower, but I'd like to know whether spending the extra money is worth it.

Get the quick-lock. It is as advertised, quick to attach/remove, and locks up tight. You can use it on either side and in horizontal or vertical OR upside downdirection. It is MORE than worth any extra dollars it might cost. (I did not know you could get the holster without it, mine have all had it) I have hung the full holster on a G.I. web belt and all but used it as a bolo and the thing does not MOVE. It pops off with a little "pinching grip" move to change belts/rigs, fits all kinds of carry style accessories and fits up to a 2.25" wide belt/strap/web/flat iron bar/etc./etc.

I have a mobility scooter that has some metal framework on it and the holster locked up tight to that, too.. (though not exactly where I wanted to carry it)

I can't say I have ever seen a smarter attachment system anywhere. ( I can send pics to an email of my holsterif you can't find a closer look of the Quick lock on any webistes.. just ask.)

YMMV

Erus

Jeff the Baptist

imported post

I don't know if some don't have it or if some simply don't list it in their advertising copy. I know the Bianchi holsters Cheaper Than Dirt carries, most of the $40 holsters don't list it, but the $80 ones do.

Pictures would be great. I found some pictures of the M84s attached to things with quick-lock, but I haven't actually found pictures of the mechanism itself. Thanks a lot.

Erus

imported post

Jeff the Baptist wrote:
I don't know if some don't have it or if some simply don't list it in their advertising copy. I know the Bianchi holsters Cheaper Than Dirt carries, most of the $40 holsters don't list it, but the $80 ones do.

Pictures would be great. I found some pictures of the M84s attached to things with quick-lock, but I haven't actually found pictures of the mechanism itself. Thanks a lot.

Hey Jeff..

I can't find any online pics of the mechanism, and I can not figure out how to post pics that are not from a URL, but if you don't mind a PM, or giving me an email addy, I'll happily take some pics of the back of my holster/lock systemand send them your way.

Let me know.

Erus

Erus

imported post

OK, I'm an idiot. I didn't even see the great big ATTACH down there... I clicked the lil image icon up there... So here goes.. a few pics of the Bianchi QuickLock

Erus

(looks like only one pic at a time so one more to follow.. if not enough just shout!)

Attachments

• Bianchi Lock4.jpg
    Bianchi Lock4.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,071

Evil Ernie

imported post

I still have my old Biachi M12 holster from the "olde days". I don't use it much but I did find that when it comes time to cover up, it's very hard to do unless you're wearing a longcoat! And the OD Green really clashes with my shoes...:lol:

Bill Starks

State Researcher
imported post

Check the various military surplus stores in your area. I found a M-12 with a thumb break for $14. It had a stain that washed out with some Dawn dish soap. I also found a like new tatical thigh rig for $8.
My kid talked me into the thigh rig for his "Baby Eagle" pellet pistol for when we are out camping.