Thread: Long Gun Open Carry Experiences

Post imported post

01 January 08

This thread is started to document Long Gun Open Carry in Virginia. This includes Open Carry in truck racks.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

It's hunting season. I have open carried a rifle quite a bit since mid-november. However, it was all on private property.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

I was carrying my charcoal burner while chasing some deer on private land 12/31/07.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

Went to the farm on New Years day to work on the house. Took the rifle out of the truck and put it on the gunrack on the ATV. Drove to the house site. On the way I saw an 8 pointer that looked suspicious.

I was in fear for my life so I shot it (It was coming straight at me}

Took it back to the camper and went back to the house site. Worked on my foundation until dark,

After dark, butchered the deer, cleaned the rifle and went to sleep.:shock:

How much can you say about OCing a rifle?

Post imported post

01 December 07 Chesapeake - Broughta muzzle loader (Optima Pro) to the Battle of Great Bridge Reenactment at the Great Bridge Locks. No problems and it felt free to have the rifle in a Reenactment camp with a campfire.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

04 January 08 - I conducted my errands today with my Western Auto 22LR clearly visible in the rifle rack of my pick up. Went to parking Lots of:

Chesapeake Circuit Court, Zoots in Great Bridge, Bank of America in Great Bridge, Animal Adventure on South Battlefield and Wendy's parking lot

all without incident.

Post imported post

my brother has had his .22 in his rifle rack along with his .308 from time to time. all over va bch, so far no trouble.

Post imported post

Rode all around Chesapeake with long gun in truck rifle rack. No response.

Post imported post

Again no Chesapeake PD response to long gun open carry in the truck rifle rack including Bank of America Drive thru, Walgreen drive thru, Shell Gas and Hickory High School (yes, unloaded).

Post imported post

i live in virginia beach, never had any real issues with open carrying my longguns in the truckexcept for one incident at the oceanfront when a bike cope gave me a hard time, i politely asked him what law i was breaking and he left me alone