• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Long Gun Open Carry Experiences

vrwmiller

imported post

It's hunting season. I have open carried a rifle quite a bit since mid-november. However, it was all on private property. ;)

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I was carrying my charcoal burner while chasing some deer on private land 12/31/07.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Went to the farm on New Years day to work on the house. Took the rifle out of the truck and put it on the gunrack on the ATV. Drove to the house site. On the way I saw an 8 pointer that looked suspicious.

I was in fear for my life so I shot it (It was coming straight at me:D}

Took it back to the camper and went back to the house site. Worked on my foundation until dark,

After dark, butchered the deer, cleaned the rifle and went to sleep.:shock:

How much can you say about OCing a rifle?

Thundar

imported post

01 December 07 Chesapeake - Broughta muzzle loader (Optima Pro) to the Battle of Great Bridge Reenactment at the Great Bridge Locks. No problems and it felt free to have the rifle in a Reenactment camp with a campfire.

Thundar

imported post

04 January 08 - I conducted my errands today with my Western Auto 22LR clearly visible in the rifle rack of my pick up. Went to parking Lots of:

Chesapeake Circuit Court, Zoots in Great Bridge, Bank of America in Great Bridge, Animal Adventure on South Battlefield and Wendy's parking lot

all without incident.

Thundar

imported post

Again no Chesapeake PD response to long gun open carry in the truck rifle rack including Bank of America Drive thru, Walgreen drive thru, Shell Gas and Hickory High School (yes, unloaded).

reelrebel18

imported post

i live in virginia beach, never had any real issues with open carrying my longguns in the truckexcept for one incident at the oceanfront when a bike cope gave me a hard time, i politely asked him what law i was breaking and he left me alone