• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Glock kB?

jack

Banned
imported post

Keith wrote:
Also, I have a friend who shot factory loads, Winchester White Box ammo in 2 Glock 19's and they both blew up. Mind you these were 9mm's and not 40's. So much for the theory of high pressure rounds. By the way a 9mm is a high pressured round. Spend a little extra money and buy a Sig.

That is a lie folks ! Glock has had ONE report of a KABOOM in a Glock 9MM. The Glock 40 had a few problems with most be attributed to overcharged loads and poorly doneReloads.

This guy is claiming one guy had two Kbooms in both his Glock 19's ? Sure, he just never returned them to Glock out of the kindness of his heart. Just didn't want his two Glock 19s replaced for free, which Glock does in these cases.

To use his favorite word: bullCRAP !

Sig is a quality gun no doubt. I own a 226 and love it.

Keith

imported post

A Glock isn't a high quality firearm. I bash no one, just the firearm itself.

Keith

imported post

I have a friend who had to Glock 19's and useing Winchester white box ammo purchased at Wal Mart both kaboomed on him. He knows his stuff. He is not only a gunsmith but an Armorer as well. Mike did not reload ammo at all. He purchased it and shot it in the Glock 19's. Well I hope I don't have a reputation as a basher for Glock owners. I just want people to stop having this fantasy of what a wonderful gun a Glock is.

Keith

imported post

Trust me. If you put a Glock through 20 years of ultra violet sun light it won't be worth a dime.

Keith

imported post

Glocks did not pass the test. That is why the US Army wouldn't take them.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

Keith wrote:
Well...........no hickups or blowups may be an okay thing but just because police departments have them as their handguns doesn't make them a good thing. The gun companies will often put in bidsto sell guns to agencies and the cheapest bidder wins. Glock sells their exploding pistols for less than $200.00. Wow, what a deal.They are ugly guns. People forget what a good and beautiful is. If you take a Glock apart the parts are extremely small and cheap. Glock would make a great booby trap gun.
Are you finished? And are you unable to read? I specifically put in the original post to please answer the questions posted and not how you hate Glock or like this or that. I didn't want to start this type of dialogue and then you come here flapping your jaws and that's exactly what has happened. Thank you very much.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Mustangs are better than camaros! Yeah, but Trans Ams are better than Mustangs. OH yeah? Well a WRX has all wheel drive and it is better off the line and it has a turbo model that ... oh, wrong forum. But wait! It's the same kind of argument.

I love my XD, I also love my Sig. I really, really want a 1911. I'm enjoying learning about my new (to me) Fratelli Tranfoglio (FIE) .380. I also like my other handguns and my shotguns and my rifle and look forward to acquiring some new firearms this year. I don't plan on acquiring any Glocks because of personal preference, not because I think they are crummy weapons.

Oh, and why the heck would I ever need my sidearm to stand up to 250° F for 20 minutes? It is either on me, next to me or in the safe. If it is at that temperature so am I and I don't think I can survive that for 20 minutes so it really doesn't matter if my pistol does or not.
That's exactly the point I was making with my last post. Thank you.

jack

Banned
imported post

bailey wrote:
I have a friend who had to Glock 19's and useing Winchester white box ammo purchased at Wal Mart both kaboomed on him. He knows his stuff. He is not only a gunsmith but an Armorer as well. Mike did not reload ammo at all. He purchased it and shot it in the Glock 19's. Well I hope I don't have a reputation as a basher for Glock owners. I just want people to stop having this fantasy of what a wonderful gun a Glock is.

You need to decide whether you want to be Keith or Bailey , it's obvious you are the same lier. Two new posters that both have a friend that had TWO Glock 19's kaboom on him. Both joined in the last 24 hours.

P.S I saw your posts on the Glock forum with the photo. The boys over their saw through you quick. You will find it to be no different over here. Please tell the truth and post under one user name.

p.s. I hope you are like 17 years old, if not ...........

Keith

imported post

If what I say can change one persons mind from purchasing a defectively manufactured gun such as the Glock then it was well worth it. Glocks are computer generated. Firearms which are sold today in America are not well made unless you want to pay a fortune.You even have to be careful of the gun thatcosts a fortune.

I will not post anymore on this Glock discussion page. So long!

Keith

imported post

Yes, Jack from North Carolina I am one in the same. For your information, I tried to log in under the same name but for some reason the open carry site didn't let me. With your paranoia I am not trying to deceive you.:uhoh:

kurtmax_0

imported post

Do what the Secret Service does and putyour Glock in an oven at 250 degrees for twenty minutes and see if it will still work.

I own a Glock 19. I guess I'll have to watch out when Dr. Evil tricks me into entering his large oven......

And drat... I'll have to cancel my trip to Mercury now!

TheApostle

imported post

Guns are like liquor and cars: your preference. Glocks did have an issue with the .40 S&W but the local glock armorer says it has been rectified.

Polymer guns are just fine. Eyeing a new Smith and Wesson M&P myself!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

jack wrote:
bailey wrote:

You need to decide whether you want to be Keith or Bailey , it's obvious you are the same lier. Two new posters that both have a friend that had TWO Glock 19's kaboom on him. Both joined in the last 24 hours.

P.S I saw your posts on the Glock forum with the photo. The boys over their saw through you quick. You will find it to be no different over here. Please tell the truth and post under one user name.

p.s. I hope you are like 17 years old, if not ...........
PLease post link to Glock forum thread mentioned.

Also, good job on outing duplicate poster.

Choosing a sidearm is a lot like choosing a car - they make lots of different models with different options because there are lots of different wants and needs. Pick ANY motorized vehicle and I can pick another that is better for certain specific circumstances. The same is true of firearms. There is no perfect car or perfect weapon. They are each designed to perform a specific purpose well and other purposes less well. The further you get from the specific purpose the worse the vehicle or firearm is compared to purpose built designs. The more general purpose the less well it performs in very specific circumstances; the more specific purpose the design the less well it generalizes.

Generally speaking, with firearms, we are looking for the weapon that best balances purpose and generality for each of our normal circumstances. If we can afford it we start acquiring more purpose built weapons. Given the product liability tort precedents in this country, no one is going to build and sell a truly crappy firearm and stay in business very long.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Is it me or does "kieth, "jack", and "just a guy with a glock" all sound like the same person?
Just struck me kinda funny, thats all. With all the trolls, who can tell them apart?

Keith

imported post

I use to havea Glock 27. It flipped up to much when I shot it.

jack

Banned
imported post

Evil Ernie wrote:
Is it me or does "kieth, "jack", and "just a guy with a glock" all sound like the same person?
Just struck me kinda funny, thats all. With all the trolls, who can tell them apart?

I can assure you I'm the only me !

LOL

Marco

imported post

bailey wrote:
Yes, Jack from North Carolina I am one in the same. For your information, I tried to log in under the same name but for some reason the open carry site didn't let me. With your paranoia I am not trying to deceive you.:uhoh:

:cuss:

where are all these trolls coming from

jack

Banned
imported post

By the way everyone the post above about at least one person being killed when a Glock Kaboomed is false. There are no documented cases of fatalities by Kaboom WITH ANY Modern HANDGUN.