Thread: A very interesting article about Rights

State Researcher

Post imported post

Post imported post

A very good article.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I found its premises confusing, Rights in quotation marks for instance, and its appeal to 'safety' and 'necessity' to advance the good of the many over the individual.

What is 'conservative' has been lost to the American public so we have a pro-gun article trying to use the only principles in common currency to argue. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    I found its premises confusing, Rights in quotation marks for instance, and its appeal to 'safety' and 'necessity' to advance the good of the many over the individual.

What is 'conservative' has been lost to the American public so we have a pro-gun article trying to use the only principles in common currency to argue. The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
    I thought the premise was very clear......

Once a Right (for all individuals) is regulated for public safety, or any other reason, it no longer maintains the status of a Right.....ie, if a Right has even one law prohibiting ANY aspect of said Right, that aspect of the Right becomes a privilege, or prohibited all together, and therefor changes the status of that Right as a whole.

......although I do think the article could have been written a bit better.