• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DC Fires Its Gun Ban Case Lawyer!!

XD Owner

echo6tango

imported post

Well, they can circle the wagons for a good defense or set the wagons on fire and hope the smoke covers their escape.Either way, it seems like if you wanna work for the D.C. government, you better keep your resume up to date (of course omitting anything that would show that you worked for the D.C. government).

"Peter Nickles' expertise in litigation is going to greatly benefit residents of the District of Columbia in our handgun case pending before the Supreme Court," Fenty said. "It is important that he move quickly to build a team and a strategy to maximize our chances of winning this important case."

Amazing thought process...or lack thereof...The residents of D.C. do not need to possess their own means of self defense, the city attorneys will protect them...once they "quickly build a team."

TEX1N

imported post

Here is a good link for the WashPost article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/02/AR2008010201116.html

"Acting D.C. Attorney General Peter Nickles, left, shown with Mayor Adrian M. Fenty, said he wants to move the gun ban defense in a different direction."

It would be interesting to know what different direction they will try to move their argument to.

Although I do really like the way DC politicians think: "How can we celebrate filing our brief to the Supreme Court?!?" (Which is due tomorrow.) "I know, lets fire the attorney who was suppose to argue that brief!!!"

:celebrate:monkey:celebrate:monkey

TEX1N