Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Gerald Connolly Considers Congressional Race

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA, ,
    Posts
    689

    Post imported post

    Here we go, all... From WTOP

    FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) - Another Northern Virginia Democrat is considering running for the congressional seat currently held by incumbent Republican Tom Davis.

    Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Gerald Connolly is expected to formally announce Wednesday that he has formed an exploratory committee to look at a possible candidacy in the 11th Congressional District.
    Two Democrats have already announced plans to run for the seat, former Rep. Leslie Byrne and a former naval commander, Doug Denneny.
    Davis, meanwhile, is expected to decide by the end of the month whether to seek another term.

  2. #2
    Regular Member VAopencarry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The 'Dena, Mаяуlaпd
    Posts
    2,147

    Post imported post

    I am allowed to say F*** that D*&^%bag!!
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Springfield, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    221

    Post imported post

    DoubleR wrote:
    Davis, meanwhile, is expected to decide by the end of the month whether to seek another term.
    Let's hope that he decides to not.

  4. #4
    Founder's Club Member Tess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    3,765

    Post imported post

    DoubleR wrote:
    Here we go, all... From WTOP

    FAIRFAX, Va. (AP) - Another Northern Virginia Democrat is considering running for the congressional seat currently held by incumbent Republican Tom Davis.

    Fairfax County Board of Supervisors Gerald Connolly is expected to formally announce Wednesday that he has formed an exploratory committee to look at a possible candidacy in the 11th Congressional District.
    Two Democrats have already announced plans to run for the seat, former Rep. Leslie Byrne and a former naval commander, Doug Denneny.
    Davis, meanwhile, is expected to decide by the end of the month whether to seek another term.
    Actually, that might be a good idea. Get him from being (what he thinks is) a big fish to being one of 435; one who can't do too much damage. Then find someone to beat the snot out of him in his reelection campaign.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766

    Post imported post

    Tess wrote:
    SNIP Get him from being (what he thinks is) a big fish to being one of 435; one who can't do too much damage. Then find someone to beat the snot out of him in his reelection campaign.
    +1

    Didn't Tom Davis follow the same path?

    Of course, maybe we'll get lucky and he'll lose both the Congressional campaign and the next Chairman campaign.

    Are we ready to launch the DefeatDaviscampaign and website when he announces?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •