• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul Not Invited to Fox News Debate

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

It really is standard practice, not just this year, to invite candidates who poll in double digits. So far, Paul has not polled that high in any national poll. As of today he was about 9% in Iowa. He might make double digits.

Those who think their candidate is being ignored, no matter who that candidate is, might do well to look at the criteria by which individuals are invited.

We don't have to like those criteria.

But we have to respect people who follow stated criteria. Isn't that what many on this forum said after Webb crybabied about not getting an NRA endorsement? Isn't that what Paul has said - follow the rules?

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Ron Paul and Guliani were tied at 6 percent apiece and Guliani was invited. Also the logic of " But we have to respect people who follow stated criteria". To me means since the media sets the criteria then they get the say so of which candidates get seen. Sort of like here's the top three in our polls now pick from these even though someone might (and is) much better. If you really look at how news is reported by certain outlets (FNC) and who is reporting it and do some digging I think most people will learn some things and not be very happy with them. I used to think CNN had the most slanted and distorted news reporting there was until my eyes got opened to FNC.

Thundar

imported post

Ron Paul will be well over the magical 10% in New Hampshire. The Free State Project people are very rabid Ron Paul supporters. I would be very surprised if the N.H. Republican Party excluded Dr. Paul. They have a lot to lose and little to gain by excluding him.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

GLENGLOCKER wrote:
Ron Paul and Guliani were tied at 6 percent apiece and Guliani was invited. Also the logic of " But we have to respect people who follow stated criteria". To me means since the media sets the criteria then they get the say so of which candidates get seen. Sort of like here's the top three in our polls now pick from these even though someone might (and is) much better. If you really look at how news is reported by certain outlets (FNC) and who is reporting it and do some digging I think most people will learn some things and not be very happy with them. I used to think CNN had the most slanted and distorted news reporting there was until my eyes got opened to FNC.

Not nationwide, they weren't.

I'm not arguing with your premises, simply showing that given the stated rules, that's how things go. Mind you, I don't like our process, but it's what we have.

Paul polled at 10% last night. Perhaps things will change. I still won't support him, but after all, he managed to get 298 people together to carry one county in Iowa.

Tomahawk

imported post

Tess wrote:
I'm not arguing with your premises, simply showing that given the stated rules, that's how things go. Mind you, I don't like our process, but it's what we have.

Paul polled at 10% last night. Perhaps things will change. I still won't support him, but after all, he managed to get 298 people together to carry one county in Iowa.

What stated rules? What process? This is television, the network makes their own rules, according to what makes money. Ron Paul, because he is so contrary to the rest of the Repuglican field, may add entertainment value, at least.

But there is no reason for his supporters to say "the hell with it" and just give up, because of some nebulous "rules" spoken of by a stated non-supporter. This is politics, and RP supporters aim to win.

imperialism2024

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
This is one of the best interviews I've ever seen with Ron Paul.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=R2r29HcH5nA

Just thought you might find it interesting. This guy is, if nothing else, well-read and thoughtful, and his ideas about individualism hit home with me.
I can't believe I watched all 22 minutes of that, but it was worth it.