• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carried at the DOL without issue

just_a_car

imported post

So, on December 21st, mydriver's license expired and I had to get a new one. I decided to OC at the Lynnwood Department Of Licensing on Highway 99 and checked all the signs at the door prior to entry. Funny thing was, there were no signs barring weapons, but there was one barring outside food and drink so I had to stand at the door and finish off the cherry coke zero I had just opened prior to entry.

I went in and took a number and there were around 30 people there. I went to sit at the back to a couple of thugish-looking guys (baggy clothes looking like they didn't want to be there) and sat right next to 'em. Oh, I was wearing a light-blue denim pant and button-down shirt, so my black G27 in my SERPA CQC holster was very visible.

I realized I wasn't sure if I had enough money on me in my wallet to pay for the new license so I went up to the little board with the prices. Still couldn't tell from that board what the price was, so went back out to the car to get more cash. Came back and sat right up front in full view of 30-40 peopleand between 2-5 'tellers' (depending on time). Another older gentleman with white hair sat next to me and we conversed with a little small talk here and there. I'm not 100% sure, but I think he saw my holster.

Finally after about 45 minutes of waiting there, I got called up and was standing in the center of the room there in full view again of all these people while doing the whole eye test thing. Got my picture taken (which was one of my best ever) and left with a smile and a temporary permit until my actual license came in the mail.

All in all, a pleasant experience and I was mildly surprised that the cops weren't called by some of the folks in the crowd. As has been mentioned, they likely thought I was an off-duty cop or something... though, I didn't act like one, nor pretend to be one in any manner.

PT111

imported post

Interesting comment there, if the signs don't mean anything for guns how about the signs for food and drink. Could they throw you out for having the cherry coke in there. Never thought of that before. IS is legal to ban food from a business. How about if you were diabetic and needed it to keep from going low? :question:

heresolong

imported post

PT111 wrote:
IS is legal to ban food from a business. How about if you were diabetic and needed it to keep from going low? :question:
It is legal to ban anything from a business. DOL isn't a business however.