• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hi

bms429

imported post

Thanks. That sounds good.

I just got the fax from the news journal. Can I run this thing now, or should I wait until I get all my other stuff completed and then run it? I just dont want there to be a problem if I run the ad now and then dont file the paper work until late Feb or March. Anyone have experience or ideas on this?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

bms429 wrote:
Thanks. That sounds good.

I just got the fax from the news journal. Can I run this thing now, or should I wait until I get all my other stuff completed and then run it? I just dont want there to be a problem if I run the ad now and then dont file the paper work until late Feb or March. Anyone have experience or ideas on this?
"The Prothonotary of the county in which any applicant for a license files the same shall cause notice of every such application to be published once, at least 10 days before the next term of the Superior Court. The publication shall be made in a newspaper of general circulation published in the county. In making such publication it shall be sufficient for the Prothonotary to do the same as a list in alphabetical form stating therein simply the name and residence of each applicant respectively."

I'd say you can probably do it now -- check the instructions on the courts website, they may even ask that it run a short while before you apply, to give folks a chance to read it and offer any evidence against your case.

bms429

imported post

cool. I have a set of instructions that says:
"Arrange with a newspaper of general circulation in your County to have your application published once, at least (10) days before the filing of your application with the Court. Obtain an affidavit from the newspaper company stating that this requirement has been met, and attach it to your application. PLEASE NOTE: Newspaper of selection must have a circulation of at least 35% of the population in your zip code. Be sure to use your whole name - no initials - and your home address."

So as I read it to mean that as long as its 10 days before you apply, you are in the clear and ok.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

bms429 wrote:
one more thing....did you hand write your application or did you fill it out electronically in adobe?

As much as I wanted to electronically do it, I hand wrote it, as the statute makes reference to some of the items being in the 'person own writing'. My handwriting is attrocious. ;/

bms429

imported post

i hear ya on that one. I hand wrote mine so far...it dosent look too bad. damn courts are so far behind the times sometimes. there is one judge that still requires things to be filed in word perfect. who seriously uses that anymore? this is a mircosoft world now, haha.