Thread: New to the state of Ga, but not to firearms...few questions

Post imported post

I just moved to GA from Virginia and from some of thereading that I have been doing, I am sure am going to miss a truly open carry state.

This state however seems to be the most difficult on giving information about applying for a permit. How and Where do I get started?

And correct me if I am wrong, but is there just one permit for both open and carry permits? And are there any websites out there that are useful for GA residents to read up on the law and all that good stuff.

One more question, (sorry to ask so many), are there any groups that get together for meals or meetings just to hang out and shoot the breeze? We had a group in VA that got together once a month,it was fun.

THanks to anyone who can help...And sorry if this stuff is posted elsewhere, I am to impatient sometimes.

Post imported post

droadpastor wrote:
    I just moved to GA from Virginia and from some of thereading that I have been doing, I am sure am going to miss a truly open carry state.

This state however seems to be the most difficult on giving information about applying for a permit. How and Where do I get started?

And correct me if I am wrong, but is there just one permit for both open and carry permits? And are there any websites out there that are useful for GA residents to read up on the law and all that good stuff.

One more question, (sorry to ask so many), are there any groups that get together for meals or meetings just to hang out and shoot the breeze? We had a group in VA that got together once a month,it was fun.
    Also
    THanks to anyone who can help...And sorry if this stuff is posted elsewhere, I am to impatient sometimes.
    First, you have to go through the Probate judge in your county. Give them a call and they will tell you all the specifics. You have to be finger printed, backround check and EXACT amount in the charges

Yes, one permit GFL for both open & concealed.

I suggest you join Georgia Carry - Membership starts at $15.00 - GCO is fighting for our rights in the State of GA - www.georgiacarry.org

Also visit www.georgiapacking.org

GCO sponors get togethers and such.

Post imported post

flyboyldb wrote:

Also visit http://www.georgiapacking.org

GCO sponors get togethers and such.

Here is the direct link to the page about GFLs:

http://www.georgiapacking.org/gfl.php

Post imported post

Hey Thanks a lot! That stuff helped out tons. After I read your info I just google GA and packing. Viola! If only I would have thought of that earlier.

THanks again.

Post imported post

Don't forget to check out joining the GCO. They do more for us than the NRA - infact if you go to the GCO website - the NRA is hindering the 2nd Ammendment Bill HB 915. We need all the support we can get and GCO has worked hard getting some laws over turned. Look forward to seeing you over there on the other sites.