• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OpenCarry.org and PAOpenCarry.org News Coverage

steveforopen

imported post

VIDEO: http://yourerie.com/media_player.php?media_id=5996

Our dinner was a complete success, only to be topped off with two interviews -- one of myself and one of Michele from PAFOA on Action News 24.

Not only did they cut to the OpenCarry.org home page, but also cut to Pa Patriot's PAOPENCARRY.org

I'll be looking for a link to the video as soon as it's available.

Go OCDO!

PS. I thank PA Patriot even though he wasn't in attendance because his training bulletin made the news clip that much more accurate. I made sure to hand off a copy before the reporter took off, and he used it perfectly.

MOLON LABE

edited for links

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Posted for archival lpurposes under "fair use"

http://yourerie.com/content/fulltext/?cid=6170

Right to Carry Guns Reported by: Dan Wells
Thursday, Jan 3, 2008 @11:12pm EST
Here's a question for you...would you feel uncomfortable...if someone had a loaded handgun on their hip in plain view?

Tonight, more than a dozen people...who do have guns in their possession, met at a Millcreek restaurant to say you shouldn't be afraid...and it's your right to bear arms.

According to PA Open Carry.org...In Pennsylvania, any law-abiding resident 18 and older can carry a loaded handgun on their hip in plain view.

"our motto is a right un-exercised is a right lost...and so our exposure to the public is extremely important to allow people to know good guys do carry fire arms" - Steven Pfiste

"this is just to show there are people who do care about there protection and the protection of others." - Steven Pfiste

In Pennsylvania carrying a concealed weapon requires a permit, issued by the Erie County Courthouse, but no permit is required to simply have a gun in the open.

"speaking as a woman...It's very important for me to protect myself...my family and my property" - Michelle Harris

"people that don't carry or just are completely opposed to it look at us like we have 10 heads...like we're crazy gun nuts...we don't shoot up schools...malls." - Michelle Harris

"a lot of people like to reference in their articles...everyone's packing heat...it gives it a gangster status but that is not the case." - Steven Pfiste

If you'd like to know more go to paopencarry.org

steveforopen

imported post

I did rant in my interview about the media using, "packing heat" too often. The quote is kinda out of context...

I only wanted to make sure that they kept the phrase out of the article as, to me, it is typically used in a negative connotation and I like to avoid using "gangster" terms in reference to my carriage of a firearm.

All in all (and besides them butchering the spelling of my last name :banghead:, i feel that this all went extremely well. If the video isn't posted online tomorrow, I will order a copy from the news station and upload it.

Thanks again for everyones support

Decoligny

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
"this is just to show there are people who do care about there protection and the protection of others." - Steven Pfiste

"there protection"? Where protection? It's "thier" protection.

Leave it too them journylism majors to knot no how two right write.:lol:

Mainsail

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
"Our motto is...

"This is just to show there are people who do care about their protection and...

"Speaking as a woman...

"People that don't carry...

"A lot of people like to reference...
I can't believe they published it like that.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

WTG, guys. The news piece was "fair and balanced, too; unlike some media.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Great work - when we can get the reporters to understand and report the facts about the general legality of open carry thruought the states, that's a first down every time!