• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Online classified for in-state gun sales/trades?

445gsd

imported post

I'm new to the forum having heard about it during a VCDL meeting I attended a while back. I'm looking for online gun classifieds that cater to in-state sales/trades. Years ago good deals could be had through the "Want Ad" weeking classified. They stopped carrying guns years ago and for all of the cool online gun auction sites out there, I don't have the time or patience to deal with auctions. If I want something and someone is selling I'd prefer to just meet, inspect and deal.

Anyhow, any advice on where to go for in-stateguns for sale/trade? I preferinstate as you typically can meet and inspect the firearm before closing the deal. I've done a couple of searches at AR15.com and Glocktalk.com - but am wondering if there is anything more comprehensive.

Thanks,

-Calvin

vtme_grad98

imported post

If you live in Hampton Roads (i.e. SE Virginia), the Trading Post publication is always worth reading. You can find it in the 7-11s around here, and new ones come out on Tuesdays. As far as online venues, I haven't found one yet that actually has anything listed.

Olivers_AR

imported post

445gsd wrote:
I'm new to the forum having heard about it during a VCDL meeting I attended a while back. I'm looking for online gun classifieds that cater to in-state sales/trades. Years ago good deals could be had through the "Want Ad" weeking classified. They stopped carrying guns years ago and for all of the cool online gun auction sites out there, I don't have the time or patience to deal with auctions. If I want something and someone is selling I'd prefer to just meet, inspect and deal.

Anyhow, any advice on where to go for in-stateguns for sale/trade? I preferinstate as you typically can meet and inspect the firearm before closing the deal. I've done a couple of searches at AR15.com and Glocktalk.com - but am wondering if there is anything more comprehensive.

Thanks,

-Calvin
There is a VA Hometown Forum for AR15.com site, where there is a specific VA equipment exchange.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=187670

--Olivers_AR

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You might try looking at forums for the type of weapon you want. Others have posted some sites; I've found some at www.bersatalk.com/forums in the Buy/Sell/Trade section. Bersatalk doesn't break them down by state either, but most posts are clear about where they're located.