• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Criminal trespass

Sean

imported post

When I lived in Idaho, open carry was really quite common. In fact the local Law enforcement would not issue a CCW unless it was an extroardinary circumstance or work related. The sherriff said wear it in plain sight so everyone knows....I liked him. Now however since I retired from the Navy my hair is long and I have a full beard and I ride a harley...so open carry would really upset most of the local citizens just based on their preconceived notions of what a "biker" is. I rode my bike to a local range with my winchester slung over my shoulder one day to sight in my rifle for hunting season, the sherriffs deputy that pulled me over said they had recieved over 10 phone calls in 5 minutes about me. We laughed about it and he let me go. I can just imagine the calls they would get if I was open carrying a pistol on my bike.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Sean wrote:
...... I rode my bike to a local range with my winchester slung over my shoulder one day to sight in my rifle for hunting season, the sherriffs deputy that pulled me over said they had recieved over 10 phone calls in 5 minutes about me. We laughed about it and he let me go.
Sean, you're my hero. That's frickin' AWESOME!!!

Morris

North of Seattlle, South of Canada, Washington, US
imported post

Criminal Trespass in a nutshell:

You have to be clearly warned either in person or via a written warning (preferred) initially. No time distance between initial warning to action however. CT warnings must be issued by the authority for the location or property owner.

Violate the warning and you get arrested.