• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Erie Open Carry news video!

steveforopen

imported post

Actually, a letter from Sgt. Amendola in the firearms division stated that OCers will more than likely be "proned out at gunpoint"

Statkowski wrote:
Good, unbiased reporting for a change.

Wasn't it the Erie County Sheriff who said he'd revoke the license of anyone spotted openly carrying?

Renegade

imported post

Statkowski wrote:
Wasn't it the Erie County Sheriff who said he'd revoke the license of anyone spotted openly carrying?
A few years ago I visited the Erie County Courthouse while carrying open - I walked in the front door to the Deputy manning the metal detector, informed him that I wished to declare my firearm, have him check it in and hold it for me while I went about my business.

I was actually visiting the Sheriff's Department to apply for a non-resident concealed carry license.

Open carry was never an issue for me in Erie, Pittsburgh, etc. and I visit those places often.