• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2008 VA General Assembly Opens with Attacks on Preemption!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This is also discussed in the latest (1/4/08) VCDL VA-Alert, and will be one of the topics of discussion at the 1/16/08 VCDL meeting at the Tuckahoe Library in Richmond (OK, really Henrico County;)).

Basically you are looking at whingers who want to try to buck statewide pre-emption because they have had ther hats handed to them repeatedly when they try to violate existing law or make up new municipal codes on the fly.

Still, it is no reason not to communicate with your Delegate and Senator to inform them of your desire for them to vote against the bills. Check to see what committees they sit on - it might come before them even if they are not on the Courts of Justice or Militia/Police/Public Safety committees. (For example, Del D. Jones thinks he might get a shot at them in his Counties, Cities & Towns committe and Sen. H.L. Marsh III feels they might be referred to his Local Government committee. My letters to them informed them that I would be highly displeased if such came about and how they could no longer count on my support if that happened. (Lucky for me they think I support them.:p)

stay safe. See you at the Tuckahoe Library & on Lobby Day.

skidmark