Thread: A Positive OC Encounter

Post imported post

Tonight, while patronizing the local Sonoco (which I do nightly) , while carrying my XD45 in a thigh holster, I was explaining the finer points of OC to a new clerk of the store. When a well dressed gentleman walked in, made his purchase, and on his way out, he turned and said to me; "Excuse me, but do you have a permit for that pistol?" As i was giving the normal response, "No, but, I don't" *he interrupts with a smile*
    and says "because you don't need one right?" I replied, "correct". He smiles, and tells me that the only reason he knew this was because he heard John Pierce of OCDO on the Bob Durgin show and found it an informative listen.

Before he left, he continued to tell me that he wasn't raised up around firearms,
    and doesn't own any. But, That he is 100% comfortable with open carry by responsible gun owners, and he sees no problem with it. He even went as far to say "THANK YOU GUYS for doing what you do" !!!! That He "appreciates it" We continued to chat for the better part of 35 minutes.

Way to go JPierce!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

This is proof, that when we do our part, and protest responsibly, in a professional manner, WE WILL BE HEARD !! let's all keep up the good work!!

~~Springfield

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Thanks, John!

Thanks, Springfield45!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Wonderful encounter. :celebrate

Post imported post

Provides another example of why a positive response is good for someone who asks "Do you have a permit for that?" Could just be someone trying to get an idea of how many people actually do OC without a LTCF.

Post imported post

I agree 100% imperialism, Many people who we encounter that ask about it, are not exactly against it, just curious and looking to learn about it .... Maybe ... even join us !

~~Springfield