• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carried in the bank today

How many people carry in their bank?

• I do not carry at my bank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is a bank?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I never really go into the bank (usually use the ATM machine)but I had some business to take care of this morning, so I decided I'd carry. Honestly, I was a littlehesitant to carryafter having read some of the stories folks have posted on here. It almost felt like the first time I OCed. Yes, I know it's legal, and why should I be nervous when I was doing nothing wrong, etc., but anyway.... I walked in, stood in line, took care of business, and left; no problems, nota singlestare. I was probably there 10-15 minutes, and not one swat team surrounded the bank!:shock: I plan on carrying at the bank from now on, (which for me, is about once a year). Hopefully this can be an encouragement to anyone who has been hesitant about carrying at the bank.

Saint

imported post

I bank at Washington Mutual in Idaho. I have OCed about 15 times into three differant locations without a single probblem.

imperialism2024

imported post

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and propose that banks may perhaps be the place where a law-abiding citizen is most likely to encounter a violent crime and need to use his gun. Seems logical to keep it readily accessible.

FogRider

imported post

I have direct deposit, and the few times I have been in a bank for various other reasons I didn't carry as I didn't have it on me at the time. I have a crappy IWB holster in my backpack that my sidearm rides in when I am commuting and if I am just running in somewhere (bank for instance) I rarly strap it on.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and propose that banks may perhaps be the place where a law-abiding citizen is most likely to encounter a violent crime and need to use his gun. Seems logical to keep it readily accessible.
If you are going to go out on a limb, that's agood andsturdy one to be on! :D I agree 100%!

Saint

imported post

Just as a interesting note... a friend of mine works for a bank in Idaho. She was recently robbed there and has told me that this is about the 3rd or 4th time it has happened. So I would definately say that a bank is a good place to carry

gsh341

imported post

I used to bank at Wells Fargo until they told me not to carry in the bank anymore.:cuss:

I checked around and my brother has a buddy that manages another bank and his policy is "If I don't see a gun, I don't have a problem." So I don't OC anymore, but the manager knows I CC.

JSK333

imported post

I'd be interested to know what bank chain it was, if you don't mind sharing.

I've OC'ed in about five different branches of US Bank here in the Cincinnati area, including the one downtown, and never had any problem. Once was in plain view of a deputy, who didn't approach me although he saw it (he asked the tellers if everything was OK).

There are definitely some banks that don't have a problem with it.

Legba

imported post

I usually don't carry in a bank, if only because I would understand if someone hit the alarm seeing an un-uniformed person packing in one. That said, I always have my empty holster on, evenwith the gun in the car if I go into one, and I've gotten some strange/nervous looks just for the holster (they really don't like that at court either). A casual "the gun's in the car - no worries" is usually sufficient, although if a bank got robbed with me inside and the gun outside, I'd feel really stupid.

-ljp

Heartless_Conservative

imported post

Aren'tmost bank robberies just a guy handing the teller a note and threatening that he has a weapon, as opposed to the tv gang with ski-masks type? In that scenaro I'd say that unless the robber sees you carrying the whole thing will be over by the time you learn of it. Now convience stores on the other hand...

*Also, I voted that I do carry at the bank, I don't carry (oreven own a gun)at the moment, but when I do start carrying thats what I plan to do.

fullauto223cal

imported post

[align=center]Quick Tips for Open Carry[/align] 1) Know the Law – Know the laws of your state; carry a copy to give an LEO if you are questioned.
2) Positive Attitude - Be overly polite, smile, refer to people you meet a Mama and Sir, and make a point to shake hands if appropriate.
3) Professional Appearance – Nothing projects professionalism like a pressed collared shirt. Wear a tie and slacks if appropriate. You want the public to see that you are an upstanding citizen.
4) Professional Carry – CARRY IN A HOLSTER This should be common knowledge
[line]
Ground Chuk,
I just was just going over some of my old posts and just now read your reply. I'm sorry to imply that one should only open carry if they are dressed professionally. No law abiding person should be hassled for OCing no matter what they look like. What I was trying to get across was that people will pre-judge someone based simply on how they look. If you don't mind that great, some folks like myself want to project a kind of "preacher" look so that someone's first impression of OCer's is a good one. This opens folks up for disscussions.

Attachments

• Conc Black CQC Holster 4100 - a.jpg
    Conc Black CQC Holster 4100 - a.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,281

5cardcharlie

imported post

fullauto223cal wrote:
2) Positive Attitude - Be overly polite, smile, refer to people you meet a Mama and Sir, and make a point to shake hands if appropriate.

The ladies usually have a problem when I do this :lol:

Ground Chuk

imported post

3) Professional Appearance – Nothing projects professionalism like a pressed collared shirt. Wear a tie and slacks if appropriate. You want the public to see that you are an upstanding citizen.

BecauseMOST of the mass murders, serial killers and the like,are long haired, non-professionally dressed people. Like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, that dude at the Amish school. Cretein looking individuals, and we should have known, just by looking at them.

And that Cho fellow. How could we have not known by the way he dressed and looked?

Oh, but wait. It seems most of these people had a "Professional Appearance".

Not sure I understand that. I guess, considering I have long hair, don't dress like a "professional" and play in a seriously heavy metal band, I'm one that shouldn't be carrying. Hmm, the State of Ohio didn't have a problem issuing me my CHL.

Oh, wait, perhaps the State was wrong, since I don't fit the "status quo" in appearance. I guess there needs to be a law stating that Freedom of Expression and the act of Individualism should be outlawed, that way we all look alike, act alike, and overall ARE alike. Wouldn't that be fun!

UTOC-45-44

imported post

dng wrote:
I never really go into the bank (usually use the ATM machine)but I had some business to take care of this morning, so I decided I'd carry. Honestly, I was a littlehesitant to carryafter having read some of the stories folks have posted on here. It almost felt like the first time I OCed. Yes, I know it's legal, and why should I be nervous when I was doing nothing wrong, etc., but anyway.... I walked in, stood in line, took care of business, and left; no problems, nota singlestare. I was probably there 10-15 minutes, and not one swat team surrounded the bank!:shock: I plan on carrying at the bank from now on, (which for me, is about once a year). Hopefully this can be an encouragement to anyone who has been hesitant about carrying at the bank.

I OC at my Wells Fargo, Chase and America 1st ALL THE TIME.

TJ

wfgd192

imported post

I am 230#, have long hair, and ride a Harley.
I do not own a suit, gave them away a long time ago.
I am 62 years young, 3 children, wife, house, etc, etc.
I also did 3 tours in Viet Nam in late 60s.

Having said all this I would like to say that I CC almost everywhere I go, especially my bank.

I can understand the thinking that you have to wear a tie, suit etc. to look professional. But I do not believe it to be true. The most important thing is how you project yourself.

This is rather long winded, sorry.

I might mention that I was a police officer in the mid 70s.