• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carried in the bank today

How many people carry in their bank?

• I do not carry at my bank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is a bank?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Timmer

imported post

anybody OC at Wright Patt credit union? thats my bank. i go to the one in Xeina a lot, and Col. Glenn.

fullauto223cal

imported post

Ground Chuk,
I just was just going over some of my old posts and just now read your reply. I'm sorry to imply that one should only open carry if they are dressed professionally. No law abiding person should be hassled for OCing no matter what they look like. What I was trying to get across was that people will pre-judge someone based simply on how they look. If you don't mind that great, some folks like myself want to project a kind of "preacher" look so that someone's first impression of OCer's is a good one. This opens folks up for disscussions.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and propose that banks may perhaps be the place where a law-abiding citizen is most likely to encounter a violent crime and need to use his gun. Seems logical to keep it readily accessible.
The bank robbery rate is kept at the FBI 'Bank Crime Statistics'. "Most likely" is a rate comparison.

hammer826

imported post

Man, I just found this site and think I am in heaven right now. I carry in the bank(cc) all the time and and just had a very good discussion on Fri with the manager at the branch I frequent. It is not posted, but the main office is. She couldn't tell me why, but the conversation was good. I was actually getting a loan for my business, so I was definitley a good guy to her. I am planning to oc at another bank I go into for my church when I am dressed up sometime. Just oc'd for the first time on Sat at my barber shop. It went well so I will continue to do so more often when the situation is good. Glad I found you guys.

Captain Colon

imported post

Ground Chuk wrote:
3) Professional Appearance – Nothing projects professionalism like a pressed collared shirt. Wear a tie and slacks if appropriate. You want the public to see that you are an upstanding citizen.

BecauseMOST of the mass murders, serial killers and the like,are long haired, non-professionally dressed people. Like Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, that dude at the Amish school. Cretein looking individuals, and we should have known, just by looking at them.

And that Cho fellow. How could we have not known by the way he dressed and looked?

Oh, but wait. It seems most of these people had a "Professional Appearance".

Not sure I understand that. I guess, considering I have long hair, don't dress like a "professional" and play in a seriously heavy metal band, I'm one that shouldn't be carrying. Hmm, the State of Ohio didn't have a problem issuing me my CHL.

Oh, wait, perhaps the State was wrong, since I don't fit the "status quo" in appearance. I guess there needs to be a law stating that Freedom of Expression and the act of Individualism should be outlawed, that way we all look alike, act alike, and overall ARE alike. Wouldn't that be fun!
Putting a lot of words in people's mouths there...if you're as metal-looking as you say then you should know better than most that your appearance DOES make a difference in the first impression people (and especially officers) get of you. If an officer asks to talk to you and you say "of course" instead of immediately becoming combative and demanding to know the reason, you're much more likely to be on your way within a minute or two at most. How you talk is part of your appearance too, not just how you look. Always be courteous and compliant...unless you're about to get beat down for no reason or something, the courtroom is a much better place to fight the officer than the street.

Deanimator

imported post

Before I got laid off, I did most of the company banking. Carried concealed to at least four different banks in Rocky River. None of them posted. My bank isn't posted either.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I open carry in my neighborhood bank in Virginia to buy quarters to feed the meters in DC - then I go put my gun in my gun safe before I go to DC :(