Thread: Prohibited BY LAW?

State Researcher

Post imported post

Simple question, where is it prohibited BY LAW to carry, even with a license, in Alabama. I need a list of statutes, so anything contributed would be helpful.

State Researcher

Post imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
    Simple question, where is it prohibited BY LAW to carry, even with a license, in Alabama. I need a list of statutes, so anything contributed would be helpful.
    Section 13A-11-59
    Possession of firearms by persons participating in, attending, etc., demonstrations at public places.

This is the only State statute that I'm aware of...........

State Researcher

Post imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
    vmathis12019 wrote:
    Section 13A-11-59
    Possession of firearms by persons participating in, attending, etc., demonstrations at public places.

That's what I thought.

P.S. Mitt Romney is [no friend of gun owners].

State Researcher

Post imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
    Comp-tech wrote:
    vmathis12019 wrote:
    Section 13A-11-59

That's what I thought.
    LOL...c'mon, he doesn't deserve [that] seems more [like an ill-informed candidate who can't see the light]

State Researcher

Post imported post

Removed by me for gratuitous impropriety. My apologies. No offense was intended, I figured this was a group of adults that wouldn't take it too badly. I was wrong. Again, I apologize.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
    SNIP Dr. Paul turned out to be the punching bag of the others.
    Everbody loves an underdog. And they do win.

SNIP "speed of lightning, roar of thunder
    fighting all who rob or plunder
    Underdog. Underdog!"

(cue music): http://tinyurl.com/xhfi

There's no need to fear! Underdog is here!

when criminals in this world appear
    and break the laws that they should fear
    and frighten all who see or hear
    the cry goes up both far and near
    for Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

speed of lightning, roar of thunder
    Underdog. Underdog!

when in this world the headlines read
    of those whose hearts are filled with greed
    who rob and steal from those who need
    to right this wrong with blinding speed
    goes Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

speed of lightning, roar of thunder
    Underdog. Underdog!

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

There are also restrictions on discharging firearms. IIRC it's illegal to discharge anything but rimfires within so many yards from a road....

Something like that. I can look it up if you really want to know.

State Researcher

Post imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
    There are also restrictions on discharging firearms. IIRC it's illegal to discharge anything but rimfires within so many yards from a road....

That is a reg regarding discharge....not carrying

Post imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
    kurtmax_0 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken there is no state preemption on discharge. Any city or county may make ordinances as they see fit with regards to the discharge of firearms.

State Researcher

Post imported post

loudone wrote:
    Comp-tech wrote:
    kurtmax_0 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken there is no state preemption on discharge. Any city or county may make ordinances as they see fit with regards to the discharge of firearms.
    You are partially correct.....cities may prohibit discahrge within their jurisdiction...however, county ordinances must have been in place prior to 8-1-2000.....

Section 11-80-11
    Regulation of gun shows, etc.; authority to bring or settle certain lawsuits reserved to Attorney General.

(a) No county or municipal corporation, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof, by ordinance, resolution, or other enactment, shall regulate in any manner gun shows, the possession, ownership, transport, carrying, transfer, sale, purchase, licensing, registration or use of firearms, ammunition, components of firearms, firearms dealers, or dealers in firearm components.
    (b)(1) Subsection (a) does not affect the authority a municipality has under law to regulate the discharge of firearms within the limits of the municipality or the authority a county has under law enacted prior to August 1, 2000, to regulate the discharge of firearms within the jurisdiction of the county.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I noticed something in my last post that raises a couple of questions......

Section 11-80-11

Regulation of gun shows, etc.; authority to bring or settle certain lawsuits reserved to Attorney General.

(a) No county or municipal corporation, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof, by ordinance, resolution, or other enactment, shall regulate in any manner gun shows, the possession, ownership, transport, carrying, transfer, sale, purchase, licensing, registration or use of firearms, ammunition, components of firearms, firearms dealers, or dealers in firearm components.

Questions: Is the sheriffs department an "insrtumentality, or political subdivision" of the county?...and if so, does this statute not make it illegal for said department to place ANY restrictions on a PL that is not in Code?

If anyone has any information on this, please post cites.....

State Researcher

Post imported post

I have long said that this codesection makes it illegal for the Sheriff to restrict ANYTHING when it comes to firearms. The sheriff's however, do not see it this way.

Post imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
    I have long said that this codesection makes it illegal for the Sheriff to restrict ANYTHING when it comes to firearms. The sheriff's however, do not see it this way.

Hopefully we can change that real soon.