• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prohibited BY LAW?

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Simple question, where is it prohibited BY LAW to carry, even with a license, in Alabama. I need a list of statutes, so anything contributed would be helpful.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
Simple question, where is it prohibited BY LAW to carry, even with a license, in Alabama. I need a list of statutes, so anything contributed would be helpful.
Section 13A-11-59
Possession of firearms by persons participating in, attending, etc., demonstrations at public places.

This is the only State statute that I'm aware of...........

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
vmathis12019 wrote:
Section 13A-11-59
Possession of firearms by persons participating in, attending, etc., demonstrations at public places.

That's what I thought.

P.S. Mitt Romney is [no friend of gun owners].

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
Comp-tech wrote:
vmathis12019 wrote:
Section 13A-11-59

That's what I thought.
LOL...c'mon, he doesn't deserve [that] seems more [like an ill-informed candidate who can't see the light]

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Removed by me for gratuitous impropriety. My apologies. No offense was intended, I figured this was a group of adults that wouldn't take it too badly. I was wrong. Again, I apologize.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
SNIP Dr. Paul turned out to be the punching bag of the others.
Everbody loves an underdog. And they do win.

SNIP "speed of lightning, roar of thunder
fighting all who rob or plunder
Underdog. Underdog!"

(cue music): http://tinyurl.com/xhfi

There's no need to fear! Underdog is here!

when criminals in this world appear
and break the laws that they should fear
and frighten all who see or hear
the cry goes up both far and near
for Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

speed of lightning, roar of thunder
Underdog. Underdog!

when in this world the headlines read
of those whose hearts are filled with greed
who rob and steal from those who need
to right this wrong with blinding speed
goes Underdog! Underdog! Underdog! Underdog!

speed of lightning, roar of thunder
Underdog. Underdog!

kurtmax_0

imported post

There are also restrictions on discharging firearms. IIRC it's illegal to discharge anything but rimfires within so many yards from a road....

Something like that. I can look it up if you really want to know.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
There are also restrictions on discharging firearms. IIRC it's illegal to discharge anything but rimfires within so many yards from a road....

That is a reg regarding discharge....not carrying

loudone

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken there is no state preemption on discharge. Any city or county may make ordinances as they see fit with regards to the discharge of firearms.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

loudone wrote:
Comp-tech wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken there is no state preemption on discharge. Any city or county may make ordinances as they see fit with regards to the discharge of firearms.
You are partially correct.....cities may prohibit discahrge within their jurisdiction...however, county ordinances must have been in place prior to 8-1-2000.....

Section 11-80-11
Regulation of gun shows, etc.; authority to bring or settle certain lawsuits reserved to Attorney General.

(a) No county or municipal corporation, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof, by ordinance, resolution, or other enactment, shall regulate in any manner gun shows, the possession, ownership, transport, carrying, transfer, sale, purchase, licensing, registration or use of firearms, ammunition, components of firearms, firearms dealers, or dealers in firearm components.
(b)(1) Subsection (a) does not affect the authority a municipality has under law to regulate the discharge of firearms within the limits of the municipality or the authority a county has under law enacted prior to August 1, 2000, to regulate the discharge of firearms within the jurisdiction of the county.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

I noticed something in my last post that raises a couple of questions......

Section 11-80-11

Regulation of gun shows, etc.; authority to bring or settle certain lawsuits reserved to Attorney General.

(a) No county or municipal corporation, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof, by ordinance, resolution, or other enactment, shall regulate in any manner gun shows, the possession, ownership, transport, carrying, transfer, sale, purchase, licensing, registration or use of firearms, ammunition, components of firearms, firearms dealers, or dealers in firearm components.

Questions: Is the sheriffs department an "insrtumentality, or political subdivision" of the county?...and if so, does this statute not make it illegal for said department to place ANY restrictions on a PL that is not in Code?

If anyone has any information on this, please post cites.....

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I have long said that this codesection makes it illegal for the Sheriff to restrict ANYTHING when it comes to firearms. The sheriff's however, do not see it this way.

Kingfish

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
I have long said that this codesection makes it illegal for the Sheriff to restrict ANYTHING when it comes to firearms. The sheriff's however, do not see it this way.

Hopefully we can change that real soon.