• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart visit.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, I'll be in Reno for about 6 months starting mid-February and probably close to that western side of town too.With no Nevada concealed permit and no Virginia reciprocity, I have no choice but to OC! Sounds like some meet-ups will be in order!

Hey, I just remembered I still have two 4-day certificates to Front Sight in Pahrump! I get to use those now! Woohoo!

Marco

imported post

You know, it's a 7hr drive from Reno to Pahrump.
Hope you get a chance to attend Front Site.

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Hey Felid...you OC'ed yet in the new Cabelas? Never been in one yet...

Nope, haven't OC'ed in there yet. I was inside once though recently. It was caucus day (which occured for meat McQueen High School.As far asI know, its illegal to even have one inyour vehicle on school property. )

Its quite nice inside. They have a nice selection of guns, as well as a few animal exhibits. (Tons of stuffed African animals and North American animals)Its definitely big inside, that is certain. They also have a small resturaunt inside.

Rains

imported post

Just FYI the Cabelas resturaunt scored horribly in health ratings :p

I live in Reno as well and have been talking with BobCav, and we are thinking about meeting up for some OC 'party' at some of the local stores. I think I will brave an OC at the Target on south virginia this weekend.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Rains wrote:

I live in Reno as well and have been talking with BobCav, and we are thinking about meeting up for some OC 'party' at some of the local stores. I think I will brave an OC at the Target on south virginia this weekend.

Welcome Rains to OCDO! Glad to have you here..great place with even better people! We'll definitely work out an OCmeet-up with anyone here in Reno that's interested! Maybe a trip to Cabelas and/or stop somewhere forlunch or dinner, wives or g/f's invited (not both, that could get ugly).

Maybe set up a day to go shooting out of town as well.

AFAIK it's just you, me, Felid and njeske here in Reno. Gotta spread the word!

wayneco

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Rains wrote:

Welcome Rains to OCDO!  Glad to have you here..great place with even better people!  We'll definitely work out an OC meet-up with anyone here in Reno that's interested!  Maybe a trip to Cabelas and/or stop somewhere for lunch or dinner, wives or g/f's invited (not both, that could get ugly).

Maybe set up a day to go shooting out of town as well.

AFAIK it's just you, me, Felid and njeske here in Reno.  Gotta spread the word!

Howdy,

Wayne here, I just joined the board this evening. I'm often in Reno and in fact here now for the Big Reno Show. I said it in my first post in another thread a few minutes ago -- this is a great site and I hope to start open carrying and posting my reports over the next few months...

Wayne

timf343

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wayne---

Welcome!! Glad to have you. Pull up a seat, read away, and ask any questions you have.

My "first time" was negative because I neglected to tell my wife of my plans to carry at our dinner at Outback Steakhouse. All the worries and questions I had time to debate, ask myself, and overcome were placed squarely on her shoulders without the time to consider it, and it was an ugly situation resulting in me having Arby's for dinner.

Anyway, good, bad, or indifferent, I look forward to your posts.

Tim

UTOC-45-44

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Wynder wrote:
The owner isn't the manager. Walmart's corporate policy is to mirror the state's laws in terms of lawful methods of carrying.
Every statement I have ever seen from Wal-Mart corporate about firearms is that CC is ok if legal for you and that they reserve the right to ask you to leave if you OC. There are 2 recent Wal-Mart threads in the general discussion forums that have posts of letters from them. A quick search should find the threads.

And Felid Maximus, problems OC at Walmart and then Costco within days of each other? That sucks. Sounds like a local issue given the comments from other Nevadans.

Just a few days ago I OCed at a local wal-mart for about 2 1/2 hours and NOTHING. I OC at ALL wal-marts in the Salt Lake Area. I OC at ALL the Costco ALL the time.

:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

TJ

Vegas_Dave

imported post

Havent gone in to WalMart and OC'd yet but plan to very soon just for the hell of it...

Did have 2 seperate trips to an AT&T store with no problems. No one even seemed to notice it. The first day I had to stand and wait for about 30 minutes before being helped because of how busy they were so I am sure that people did notice, but no issues.