• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

All interested in Alabama Gun Owner's Association

Deacon Blues

imported post

As I've mentioned when this topic has come up before, I'm all for a gun rights org in Alabama. I'll try to make one of the IRC meetings when it doesn't conflict with my work/sleep schedule (which is really screwy).

flounder22

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
hit the "enter" key on your keyboard.
When I type in /join#OpenCarry at the bottom of the page and then hit the (enter) button on my keyboard the ( /join#OpenCarry )disappears and nothing happens. Maybe ya`ll can try again later to help if not I will just have to stay updated here on the board. Thanks so much for ya`ll tring to help. Karl

flounder22

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
make sure there is a space between the word "join" and the "#OpenCarry"
OK That did the trick !!! Yea! So now how do we chat once you guys start chatting, down at the bottom again and the hit enter or what? Thank you vm.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

flounder22 wrote:
vmathis12019 wrote:
make sure there is a space between the word "join" and the "#OpenCarry"
OK That did the trick !!! Yea! So now how do we chat once you guys start chatting, down at the bottom again and the hit enter or what? Thank you vm.
That's it.....type what you want to say...hit enter....a couple of us are in there now

AL Ranger

If you guys want to get all this stuff fixed, come on over to Alabama Open Carry and help us. We have already made some changes and working on more at every level of government.

Don't worry about 13A-11-52. It starts with "Except as otherwise provided in this article" which means it must take all of the laws in Article 3 into consideration first. Article 3 consists of laws 13A-11-50 thru 13A-11-85. It is fixed by 13A-11-55 stating that the only illegal carry of a pistol on premises not your own is concealed carry. Meaning without a license.

Here's the law:§ 13A-11-55. Indictment for carrying weapons unlawfully; proof.
In an indictment for carrying weapons unlawfully, it is sufficient to charge that the defendant carried concealed about his person a pistol, or other description of firearms, on premises not his own, or a bowie knife, or other knife or instrument of the like kind or description, or other forbidden weapon, describing it, as the case may be; and the excuse, if any, must be proved by the defendant on the trial, to the satisfaction of the jury; and if the evidence offered to excuse the charge raises a reasonable doubt of the defendant's guilt, the jury must acquit him.

We are making progress in getting things changed and we invite you to join us. We have had several run-ins with LE and have made our case each time. If you have any questions, come over to the site and get them answered.

Last edited: