Thread: Seattle Open Carry at Pacific Place Center

Post imported post

Last weekend I opened carried in Seattle at Pacific Place Center. No one looked at me but an overweight female security officer made contact with me. She asked me what business I had at mall. I told her I was shopping.

She looked very nerviousand said ok thanks.

I had no further problems, if you call that a problem. She sure seemed scared and that is unfortunate, because that was not my intent.

Post imported post

Vstorm,

thanks for sharing. This could have been an opportunity to expand the conversation to educating the mall guard about OC>

Post imported post

Thats great news. They have been on the "Do not patronize" list for sometime. It may be that it is time to review them.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    Thats great news. They have been on the "Do not patronize" list for sometime. It may be that it is time to review them.
    Indeed. If someone wants to send off an email to them to ask if they've changed policies, please do so. If they have, I'd be happy to remove them from the list.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

I will be attending a good friend's (the one I referenced in another thread that got denied on an NCIS check for his address changing) birthday party at a restaurant on the top floor. I intend on OC'ing and my friend knows I do that.

We'll see how it goes. I intend on bringing the OC and CC cheat sheets with the state constitution and some other "papers" that will help defend my position if the need should arise.

Maybe I'll get the rare chance to remove a business from the "Businesses that ban guns" list!

B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

VSTORM wrote:
    Last weekend I opened carried in Seattle at Pacific Place Center. No one looked at me but an overweight female security officer made contact with me. She asked me what business I had at mall. I told her I was shopping.
    You did good!

Best thing to do while open carrying is to smile, mind your own business and keep moving along - any sort of "loitering" like behavior is potentially going to draw unwarrented attention and conflict.

Post imported post

I'm happy to report that I had zero issues and/or encounters at Pacific Place. I did notice that they still have a very hard to see sign just inside the door with tiny writing where it says "we ask you please refrain from"..."carrying any firearms", but I ate for a couple hours with friends at a restaurant and then on the way out, joked with a Black female security guard.

Either they changed the policy and didn't change the signs or they don't seem to be enforcing it any longer.... or maybe they're just blind to the obvious. Rose-colored glasses and all that.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

My GF and I visited the PPM yesterday, and walked around the area outside, without incident. I did not see any ‘Code of Conduct’ sign at the entry. We also stopped by Archie McPhee’s in Ballard and everything went smoothly.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    My GF and I visited the PPM yesterday, and walked around the area outside, without incident. I did not see any ‘Code of Conduct’ sign at the entry. We also stopped by Archie McPhee’s in Ballard and everything went smoothly.
    PPM?... Pike Place Market?

If you did mean the Pacific Place Center, if you enter the front entryway, there is a small sheet-paper-sized black plastic sign with white writing just to the right of the last glass door entry. You have to actually enter the building to read it... though, you might be able to read it semi-legibly with good eyes from just outside the glass door.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

Post imported post

just_a_car wrote:
    Mainsail wrote:
    PPM?... Pike Place Market?

If you did mean the Pacific Place Center, if you enter the front entryway, there is a small sheet-paper-sized black plastic sign with white writing just to the right of the last glass door entry. You have to actually enter the building to read it... though, you might be able to read it semi-legibly with good eyes from just outside the glass door.

Pacific Place, I thought it was Market.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    Pacific Place, I thought it was Market.
    Okay, I'll get a picture of the sign the next time I'm down that way... which is once every 3-6 months, so don't plan on seeing it soon. *chuckle*
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA