• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Open Carry at Pacific Place Center

VSTORM

imported post

Last weekend I opened carried in Seattle at Pacific Place Center. No one looked at me but an overweight female security officer made contact with me. She asked me what business I had at mall. I told her I was shopping.

She looked very nervious and said ok thanks.

I had no further problems, if you call that a problem. She sure seemed scared and that is unfortunate, because that was not my intent.

Preston1911

imported post

Vstorm,

thanks for sharing. This could have been an opportunity to expand the conversation to educating the mall guard about OC>

just_a_car

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Thats great news. They have been on the "Do not patronize" list for sometime. It may be that it is time to review them.
Indeed. If someone wants to send off an email to them to ask if they've changed policies, please do so. If they have, I'd be happy to remove them from the list.

just_a_car

imported post

I will be attending a good friend's (the one I referenced in another thread that got denied on an NCIS check for his address changing) birthday party at a restaurant on the top floor. I intend on OC'ing and my friend knows I do that.

We'll see how it goes. I intend on bringing the OC and CC cheat sheets with the state constitution and some other "papers" that will help defend my position if the need should arise.

Maybe I'll get the rare chance to remove a business from the "Businesses that ban guns" list!
:monkey

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

VSTORM wrote:
Last weekend I opened carried in Seattle at Pacific Place Center. No one looked at me but an overweight female security officer made contact with me. She asked me what business I had at mall. I told her I was shopping.
You did good!

Best thing to do while open carrying is to smile, mind your own business and keep moving along - any sort of "loitering" like behavior is potentially going to draw unwarrented attention and conflict.

just_a_car

imported post

I'm happy to report that I had zero issues and/or encounters at Pacific Place. I did notice that they still have a very hard to see sign just inside the door with tiny writing where it says "we ask you please refrain from"..."carrying any firearms", but I ate for a couple hours with friends at a restaurant and then on the way out, joked with a Black female security guard.

Either they changed the policy and didn't change the signs or they don't seem to be enforcing it any longer.... or maybe they're just blind to the obvious. Rose-colored glasses and all that.

Mainsail

imported post

My GF and I visited the PPM yesterday, and walked around the area outside, without incident. I did not see any ‘Code of Conduct’ sign at the entry. We also stopped by Archie McPhee’s in Ballard and everything went smoothly.

just_a_car

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
My GF and I visited the PPM yesterday, and walked around the area outside, without incident. I did not see any ‘Code of Conduct’ sign at the entry. We also stopped by Archie McPhee’s in Ballard and everything went smoothly.
PPM?... Pike Place Market?

If you did mean the Pacific Place Center, if you enter the front entryway, there is a small sheet-paper-sized black plastic sign with white writing just to the right of the last glass door entry. You have to actually enter the building to read it... though, you might be able to read it semi-legibly with good eyes from just outside the glass door.

Mainsail

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
PPM?... Pike Place Market?

If you did mean the Pacific Place Center, if you enter the front entryway, there is a small sheet-paper-sized black plastic sign with white writing just to the right of the last glass door entry. You have to actually enter the building to read it... though, you might be able to read it semi-legibly with good eyes from just outside the glass door.

Pacific Place, I thought it was Market.