• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Va. lawmakers may ignore gun control pleas.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

http://www.newsdaily.com/TopNews/UPI-1-20080106-16334200-bc-us-vatech-guns.xml

RICHMOND, Va., Jan. 6 (UPI) -- Pro-gun state lawmakers in Virginia say they may ignore families of Virginia Tech shooting victims if they seek stricter gun control laws.

Several state legislators have said any attempt to call for heightened firearm restrictions in Virginia will fall on deaf ears when linked to the campus shootings, The (Norfolk) Virginian-Pilot reported Sunday.

State Sen. Kenneth Stolle said if the campus shooting victims' family members attempt to target the sale of firearms at gun shows without background checks, state lawmakers will ask them to explain the alleged link between the two.

The families want the loophole eliminated, alleging its existence could lead to another incident similar to last April's deadly shooting spree.

Gov. Timothy M. Kaine is supporting those families, saying the loophole could result in weapons falling into the hands of potentially dangerous people.

"You (either) want people who are mentally adjudicated to be dangerous to have guns or you don't," the Democratic politician said. "If you don't want them to, then you ought to close that gun show loophole."

Doug Huffman wrote:
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$
We citizens can exclude the middle too!

More http://hamptonroads.com/2008/01/despite-tech-shootings,-gun-show-rules-unlikely-be-altered

Spectre

imported post

Nice to see a politician with our best interests in mind, but I'm not really putting much faith into him, unless I can see him do what he say's he is going to do of course.