• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

car carry

T.Hooks

imported post

what are the laws for car carry.i applied for my CCW last friday but in the mean time what can i do to stay legal and safe. right now i choose to keep one in the chamber and a magazine close by. i know if i get stopped i might be in for some shit. but i dont always drive through the safest areas. to me it sucks that i cant legally protect myself without a laminated piece of paper that says i can. are there any loop holes or bylaws about this subject? thx in advance

mzmtg

imported post

Until you get your GFL, you may legally carry your loaded gun in the glove box, console or in plain view.

The courts have taken a very literal and extreme stance on the meaning of "in plain view." Therefore, your best option is just to use the glove box or console to avoid any confusion.

Here is GeorgiaPacking's summary of GA gun laws "In Plain English":
http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

exgabrit

imported post

The other week HB89 passed that as far as I know now allows for unrestricted open or concealed carry in your automobile. I think you still need a holster for open view.
keeping in glove box etc is now completely up to you.
I'd advise concealed if you have children, and use a holster if open. This is in case of a traffic stop.

mzmtg

imported post

exgabrit wrote:
The other week HB89 passed that as far as I know now allows for unrestricted open or concealed carry in your automobile. I think you still need a holster for open view.
keeping in glove box etc is now completely up to you.
I'd advise concealed if you have children, and use a holster if open. This is in case of a traffic stop.

HB89 did pass the senate, but it has not been signed into law yet.