Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Whatcom County get-to-gether

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    How about breakfast this Saturday (January 12) about 9:00? Babe's in Ferndale is good but if we wanted to get together in Bellingham we could go to Skylarks on 11th Street in Fairhaven which has decent food, or IHOP (just off the Samish Way exit) could be our backup in case we get the boot from Skylarks.

    PS The game doesn't start til 1:30 so that gives us plenty of time to break our fast and get home.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    Any takers? Haven't been any responses but if you think you might go, please say so here so that we have an idea if it is on.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
    Posts
    194

    Post imported post

    Babe's changed hands a few years ago, heard its not as good as it once was. I might go, but I have a new baby, so I might not be able to...

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    Nitrox314 wrote:
    Babe's changed hands a few years ago, heard its not as good as it once was. I might go, but I have a new baby, so I might not be able to...
    John died of cancer but I thought Babe was still running it.

  5. #5
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    I'd love to join you up there (yes, I'd drive the 90 miles, I've done it for friends that lived up there going to WWU), but morning is just out of the question for me, especially since I'm a night-person by nature and tend to sleep in later than most.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, ,
    Posts
    608

    Post imported post

    if i'm not working, i'm there...

    It looks like i might get roped into 4 hours of work on saturdays for awhile, i'll post how this turns out.

    If i do make it, this will be as was so elegantly put in a PM to my here 'popping my OC cherry'.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Skagit County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    I might be able to go, let me know what the deal is.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    Unless anyone has objections we'll meet at Babe's in Ferndale at 9 am on Saturday January 12 (this Saturday). Take I-5 north to the Ferndale Main Street exit 262. Turn right (west) off the ramp (it loops around). Follow the road into downtown Ferndale. You will go through an underpass then over the river. After you cross the river Babe's will be three blocks down on the right hand side. There is lots of parking behind the building if the street is full.

    The address is 2038 Main Street.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Skagit County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    I am pretty sure I'll be going, but does it have to be at 9 AM?? I mean, I dont want you to go changing anything just cause of lil' ol' me, but I would really rather meet at 10am.. On account of the fact that Ill probably be drinking the night before.. not to mention, its the weekend! What do other people think?

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Union, Washington, USA
    Posts
    3,256

    Post imported post

    cut_cutta wrote:
    I am pretty sure I'll be going, but does it have to be at 9 AM?? I mean, I dont want you to go changing anything just cause of lil' ol' me, but I would really rather meet at 10am.. On account of the fact that Ill probably be drinking the night before.. not to mention, its the weekend! What do other people think?
    UH, Don't drink!

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, ,
    Posts
    608

    Post imported post

    Bear 45/70 wrote:
    cut_cutta wrote:
    I am pretty sure I'll be going, but does it have to be at 9 AM?? I mean, I dont want you to go changing anything just cause of lil' ol' me, but I would really rather meet at 10am.. On account of the fact that Ill probably be drinking the night before.. not to mention, its the weekend! What do other people think?
    UH, Don't drink!

    I say drink more (at the rogue).. the band my brother plays bass for is doing a show there friday...

    I was wrong, hot shotz
    http://www.myspace.com/nopat


  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Skagit County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    87

    Post imported post

    I guess a 10 AM meeting would be cutting it close to the Seahawks game, in retrospect.

  13. #13
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    645

    Post imported post

    I'm going to try to make it. 9am is a bit early for this night owl, but I'll give it ashot!

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, ,
    Posts
    608

    Post imported post

    well i got out of having to work, so i'm planning to be there...

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, ,
    Posts
    608

    Post imported post

    for the simple sake of pointing it out... does anyone other than me relize that's about throwing distance from the police station?

    not that it could be a deterant to me.... just sayin.

  16. #16
    Regular Member just_a_car's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,558

    Post imported post

    uncoolperson wrote:
    for the simple sake of pointing it out... does anyone other than me relize that's about throwing distance from the police station?

    not that it could be a deterant to me.... just sayin.
    That's awesome. Especially since B-ham PD got a good "slap in the face" after that incident where they charged a gentleman in a park with carrying a firearm and violating a preempted local law. Lonnie informed me at the previous get-together that the charges were (intelligently) dropped.

    They know OCDO members mean business when it comes to defending the rights of those that are legally carrying.
    B.S. Chemistry UofWA '09
    KF7GEA

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    645

    Post imported post

    just_a_car wrote:
    uncoolperson wrote:
    for the simple sake of pointing it out... does anyone other than me relize that's about throwing distance from the police station?

    not that it could be a deterant to me.... just sayin.
    That's awesome. Especially since B-ham PD got a good "slap in the face" after that incident where they charged a gentleman in a park with carrying a firearm and violating a preempted local law. Lonnie informed me at the previous get-together that the charges were (intelligently) dropped.

    They know OCDO members mean business when it comes to defending the rights of those that are legally carrying.
    Except that Ferndale is NOT Bellingham

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bellingham, ,
    Posts
    608

    Post imported post

    it was nice meeting everyone.... i hope this isn't the first and last, it'd be cool to have more of these "get-to-gether"s

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Blaine, WA, ,
    Posts
    1,315

    Post imported post

    uncoolperson wrote:
    for the simple sake of pointing it out... does anyone other than me relize that's about throwing distance from the police station?

    not that it could be a deterant to me.... just sayin.
    Yeah, however everything in Ferndale is within throwing distance of the police station and my experience with the Ferndale PD is that they won't care anyway.

    nice to meet you today. It was fun.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •