• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whatcom County get-to-gether

heresolong

imported post

How about breakfast this Saturday (January 12) about 9:00? Babe's in Ferndale is good but if we wanted to get together in Bellingham we could go to Skylarks on 11th Street in Fairhaven which has decent food, or IHOP (just off the Samish Way exit) could be our backup in case we get the boot from Skylarks.

PS The game doesn't start til 1:30 so that gives us plenty of time to break our fast and get home.

heresolong

imported post

Any takers? Haven't been any responses but if you think you might go, please say so here so that we have an idea if it is on.

heresolong

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
Babe's changed hands a few years ago, heard its not as good as it once was. I might go, but I have a new baby, so I might not be able to...
John died of cancer but I thought Babe was still running it.

just_a_car

imported post

I'd love to join you up there (yes, I'd drive the 90 miles, I've done it for friends that lived up there going to WWU), but morning is just out of the question for me, especially since I'm a night-person by nature and tend to sleep in later than most.

uncoolperson

imported post

if i'm not working, i'm there...

It looks like i might get roped into 4 hours of work on saturdays for awhile, i'll post how this turns out.

If i do make it, this will be as was so elegantly put in a PM to my here 'popping my OC cherry'.

heresolong

imported post

Unless anyone has objections we'll meet at Babe's in Ferndale at 9 am on Saturday January 12 (this Saturday). Take I-5 north to the Ferndale Main Street exit 262. Turn right (west) off the ramp (it loops around). Follow the road into downtown Ferndale. You will go through an underpass then over the river. After you cross the river Babe's will be three blocks down on the right hand side. There is lots of parking behind the building if the street is full.

The address is 2038 Main Street.

cut_cutta

imported post

I am pretty sure I'll be going, but does it have to be at 9 AM?? I mean, I dont want you to go changing anything just cause of lil' ol' me, but I would really rather meet at 10am.. On account of the fact that Ill probably be drinking the night before.. not to mention, its the weekend! What do other people think?

Bear 45/70

imported post

cut_cutta wrote:
I am pretty sure I'll be going, but does it have to be at 9 AM?? I mean, I dont want you to go changing anything just cause of lil' ol' me, but I would really rather meet at 10am.. On account of the fact that Ill probably be drinking the night before.. not to mention, its the weekend! What do other people think?
UH, Don't drink!
rolleyes.gif

uncoolperson

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
cut_cutta wrote:
UH, Don't drink!
rolleyes.gif

I say drink more (at the rogue).. the band my brother plays bass for is doing a show there friday...

I was wrong, hot shotz
http://www.myspace.com/nopat

uncoolperson

imported post

for the simple sake of pointing it out... does anyone other than me relize that's about throwing distance from the police station?

not that it could be a deterant to me.... just sayin.

just_a_car

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:
for the simple sake of pointing it out... does anyone other than me relize that's about throwing distance from the police station?

That's awesome. Especially since B-ham PD got a good "slap in the face" after that incident where they charged a gentleman in a park with carrying a firearm and violating a preempted local law. Lonnie informed me at the previous get-together that the charges were (intelligently) dropped.

They know OCDO members mean business when it comes to defending the rights of those that are legally carrying.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

just_a_car wrote:
uncoolperson wrote:

That's awesome. Especially since B-ham PD got a good "slap in the face" after that incident where they charged a gentleman in a park with carrying a firearm and violating a preempted local law. Lonnie informed me at the previous get-together that the charges were (intelligently) dropped.

They know OCDO members mean business when it comes to defending the rights of those that are legally carrying.
Except that Ferndale is NOT Bellingham :D

heresolong

imported post

uncoolperson wrote:

Yeah, however everything in Ferndale is within throwing distance of the police station and my experience with the Ferndale PD is that they won't care anyway.

nice to meet you today. It was fun.