Thread: First OC in Wilmington

Trevorton also Wilmington DE, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

OC'd today to and from work. I start very early so not many people out anyway. On the way home about 7pm stopped at 7-11 on Pennsylvania Ave. Only one person said anything and they asked if I was a bounty hunter, to which of course I responded no but in fact was exercising my 2nd Amendment right. As I was leaving I past 2 LEOS entering the store. Got very nervous but they didnt seem to notice or werent too worried about it. But talking about your heart skipping a beat. lol Planning on heading up on 202 to a few stores tomorrow night.

Post imported post

Sweet, I may start pretty soon. I OCed outside my house the other day talking to my neighbor (my cousin) and was not nervous at all, can't wait go out and do it.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I'm proud of you guys taking this initiative! Definitely keep us informed of your experiences, even if nothing happens.

Also, make sure you know the gun laws better than the police! If you have any questions, definitely ask them.

Post imported post

Its tough when you don't see people doing it. I also was just asked yesterday if I was a bounty hunter (pizza hut), it could be that with my beard no one thinks of LEO. keep up the good work.

Regular Member dave_in_delaware's Avatar

Post imported post

Good for you! Keep it up! The more people seen OCing, and the more often, the better educated the public will be!

And try not to be too nervous when you see LEO's, or they may stop you because you look nervous. I've noticed that one of the keys to a successful (i.e. uneventful) OC experience is how you look/act while OCing.Be confident, act natural, and let others see that you're exercising your right to self-defense.

A bounty hunter, huh? I've never been asked at all by anyone what I was.

Not that anyone here would, but Ihave to say it (since I read the laws about itearlier today): definitely say "no" to the questions of being LEO, BEO, military, etc, because impersonating someone like that is a big no-no.
    Dave
    Co-Founder & Global Moderator
    Delaware Open Carry

Post imported post

Glad your first time OCing went well. So they wanted to know if you were a bounty hunter? Do you have crazy hair and weird glasses like "Dog the Bounty Hunter" on A&E? Or maybe you say "brutha" every five words? Bounty hunter....that's funny!

Regular Member dave_in_delaware's Avatar

Post imported post

In Delaware it's "Bail Enforcement Officer"
    Dave
    Co-Founder & Global Moderator
    Delaware Open Carry