1. More than 155,000 Michiganders -- about one in every 65 -- are now authorized to carry loaded guns as they go about their everyday affairs, according to Michigan State Police records.
2. Shikha Hamilton of Grosse Pointe, president of the Michigan chapter of the anti-gun group Million Moms March, said she believes overall gun violence (including suicide and accidental shootings) is up in Michigan since 2001. Many incidents involving CCW permit holders have not been widely reported, she said.3. "The police just can't protect you," Cortis said. "If you have to call 911, it's probably already too late."
1. I was authorized to carry a loaded gun before I recieved my CPL
2. The statistics say crime has gone down, but 'Shikha' believes gun violence is up. Who gives a sht what she believes! I believe the anti gun group Million Moms March has an organized, underground crime ring in which they are using all the money they raise to fund mass handgun thefts, only to destroy handguns. she believes...what a joke
3. Good point. I believe that 100% of 911 calls are reactive to crime/suspicion, rather than proactive. I believe me carrying a loaded gun on my hip is proactive, not reactive.
Attached is a pic from Million Moms website. They demand strong gun laws because they believe criminals (like Cho seung-hui) hold the law in high regard.
As a college student, unable to defend myself everytime I step on campus, I am outraged. I am at the mercy of a 'text messaging and email emergency alert program.' Which only comes into affect after the gunman has started killing. This is a reactive system.