• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Gym

cREbralFIX

imported post

I've been going to Team Ruthless in Manassas, Virginia for quite awhile now.

I OC'd my P220 and two spare magazines while doing my workout.

Considering people walk in with AKs, swords, knives, and just about anything else you can imagine, OC is clearly NOT a problem :celebrate

AbNo

imported post

Wow, that sounds like an awesome place!

We offer, fencing, weight training, kettlebells, knife fighting, MMA, boxing, strength and agility training, strongman training and a bunch of stuff

Then again, looking at their web site, it's no surprise. Is that place women only?

ufcfanvt

imported post

cREbralFIX wrote:
I've been going to Team Ruthless in Manassas, Virginia for quite awhile now.

I OC'd my P220 and two spare magazines while doing my workout.

Considering people walk in with AKs, swords, knives, and just about anything else you can imagine, OC is clearly NOT a problem :celebrate
I've been going there for a while now too. I'm also taking classes through their affiliate Suarez International. Both Suarez and Team Ruthless are run by great people with the true warrior mindset.
The workouts at TR are ROUGH! I highly recommend both organizations to anyone interested in self defense.
The gun won't fix every problem for you!

cmg266

imported post

I am a member at "Lifetime Fitness" and they specifically say no weapons, so not for me.

ufcfanvt

imported post

cmg266 wrote:
I am a member at "Lifetime Fitness" and they specifically say no weapons, so not for me.
Lifetime has a no weapons policy, but they require that there be a fern hanging every 15 feet. My recommendation, quit Lifetime and use the $$$ for more guns and training.
Team Ruthless is a bit expensive too but you definitely get your $$$'s worth.

cREbralFIX

imported post

TR is $50/month if you go with a 6 month contract. Usually someone will administer your workout, though some folks don't need it.

TR is a *fighting* gym. The mindset is for folks like us.

And no, my SIG carried IWB survives the experience just fine. No rust or anything.