Thread: GA Question

Post imported post

As you all know I'm new to the site and to OC / CC.

What do you all do when you go to the GA? Is it a picket or do you guys speak or what?

Just kinda curious because I would like to do what I can to be able to keep my rights as a gun owner / carrier.

So, could some one break it down for me and give me some details on what yall do there?

Thanks!!

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

We'll meet up and be split into groups. The groups (each will have someone experienced) will try to visit the legislators who have constituents in that group. During the meeting (with the legislator if you're very fortunate, often with a staffer/assistant), you point out items that are of interest to you, explain what support/vote you're requesting, and provide information to support your viewpoint.

That's pretty much it, in 100 words or less. If you go on the VCDL lobby day, you will be with others who have done this before. I encourage you to give it a try. I never have before, but will certainly be there this time.

Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I have every intention of going, as I think it will be an excellent learning experience.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    I have every intention of going, as I think it will be an excellent learning experience.
    Hope to meet you there, since I didn't get the chance in Harrisonburg.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Yes you did. We just didn't realize it.
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Stupid question time... what is the standard attire for this event? I'm sure I should dress a little better than normal (polo shirt and jeans for work).

Post imported post

coltcarrier wrote:
    Stupid question time... what is the standard attire for this event? I'm sure I should dress a little better than normal (polo shirt and jeans for work).
    At the last VCDL Meeting, Philip VanCleave recommended business attire. To me that means button-down shirt, slacks, not jeans, shoes, not tennies, and a jacket if you choose. I wouldn't worry about going more than that, though.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks, with the little one and our current schedule, I have yet to be able to make a VCDL meeting. It's sad I know, but the reality is life gets in the way of fun and fellowship!