• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GA Question

Firefighter194

imported post

As you all know I'm new to the site and to OC / CC.

What do you all do when you go to the GA? Is it a picket or do you guys speak or what?

Just kinda curious because I would like to do what I can to be able to keep my rights as a gun owner / carrier.

So, could some one break it down for me and give me some details on what yall do there?

Thanks!!:cool:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We'll meet up and be split into groups. The groups (each will have someone experienced) will try to visit the legislators who have constituents in that group. During the meeting (with the legislator if you're very fortunate, often with a staffer/assistant), you point out items that are of interest to you, explain what support/vote you're requesting, and provide information to support your viewpoint.

That's pretty much it, in 100 words or less. If you go on the VCDL lobby day, you will be with others who have done this before. I encourage you to give it a try. I never have before, but will certainly be there this time.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AbNo wrote:
I have every intention of going, as I think it will be an excellent learning experience.

Hope to meet you there, since I didn't get the chance in Harrisonburg.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Stupid question time... what is the standard attire for this event? I'm sure I should dress a little better than normal (polo shirt and jeans for work).

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

coltcarrier wrote:
Stupid question time... what is the standard attire for this event? I'm sure I should dress a little better than normal (polo shirt and jeans for work).
At the last VCDL Meeting, Philip VanCleave recommended business attire. To me that means button-down shirt, slacks, not jeans, shoes, not tennies, and a jacket if you choose. I wouldn't worry about going more than that, though.

coltcarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks, with the little one and our current schedule, I have yet to be able to make a VCDL meeting. It's sad I know, but the reality is life gets in the way of fun and fellowship!