• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RANGE TRIP: January 12, 11:30am

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I misposted the date in the bloody topic on my last post.

In any case, this Saturday, JANUARY 12th at 11:30am -- anyone interested in hitting Ommelanden for an hour or so?

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

dave_in_delaware wrote:
Um, no. They're not ready for that yet (maturity level and physical ability).

Believe me, I'm waiting for that time though!!!

Yeah... I figure I'll wait to Moira's about 7 or 8 before I show her how to field strip my pistol. :D

bms429

imported post

I may go, but generally we go trap shooting in the am at WTA and try to hit up Ommelanden before it closes. For some reason I enjoy trap shooting a lot more than shooting at a piece of paper. Maybe you can motivate me to enjoy it more.

bms429

imported post

It really is a true dillema every saturday. I have 3 options. sleep-in. Shoot trap. or Shoot pistol/rifle. lately the combo of sleeping at trap have prevailed. I will see what my bro wants to do if he isnt out flying C130's haha.

bms429

imported post

well, it seems that I have just won an auction online for a sig 239 SAS in .40sw. This means that I will def be going out to the range once i get it. woo hoo.

ijusam

imported post

bms429 wrote:
It really is a true dillema every saturday. I have 3 options. sleep-in. Shoot trap. or Shoot pistol/rifle. lately the combo of sleeping at trap have prevailed. I will see what my bro wants to do if he isnt out flying C130's haha.
They have trap houses there also. After we met there last time three of us went over and shot a round of skeet. ( I prefer skeet myself) unfortunately I don’t think I'll be able to make it this time.

bms429

imported post

well looks like i will be headed out to ommelanden tomorrow if the weather is alright. My brother has to go to dover afb for orders or soemthing and then fly out to minnesota so we arent shooting at WTA. weird, right. so, if you are still going around 1130, post back and I will meet you there somewhere around that time.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

I should be there around 11:30 or so... will probably leave my place at 11, hit Walmart for some ammo and drive on over. If I can find my hat, I'll be wearing a black Guinness hat.. otherwise, I'm 5'11" or so, brown hair, brown eyes with glasses.

Wynder/Rob

bms429

imported post

Wynder and ijusam, it was good to have met both of you and hopefully again soon.

Thanks for the tips on shooting. Like I said, it has been a long time (atleast 4 months)since I have gone shooting and I am glad I went. Hopefully next time it wont be so damn crowded. I remember one time i was there on a tursday afternnon and was the only person there. It was nice cause I oculd cease fire whenever i wanted to change targets.

Lastly, what is the name of the reloaded you use? I need to get me one of them.

Wynder

State Researcher
imported post

bms429 wrote:
Wynder and ijusam, it was good to have met both of you and hopefully again soon.
Branden -- thanks for being able to make it! Always good to meet other folks from the forums.

Ijusam: Thanks for letting me help out with your kids and the rifles... I hope you didn't mind, just doing a little vicarious living until my kid has another 3 or 4 birthdays. :)

Thanks for the tips on shooting. Like I said, it has been a long time (atleast 4 months) since I have gone shooting and I am glad I went.
No problems... seriously! All you needed were a few basic pointers and you went from 8" below center of the target to some decent groups. Thanks for allowing me to show you a few points -- if you're interested, here are some resources that I used to teach myself:

Competition Grip: This video is by Scott Springer, a great XD gunsmith and competition shooter. This is the grip I taught you: http://www.oregonshooting.com/vids/spgrip1.wmv

Grip Video Two: More explanation on that grip: http://www.oregonshooting.com/vids/grip2.wmv

Correction Targets: Dave_in_Delaware made this target and it's great because it shows you what you're doing wrong. http://home.comcast.net/~dave_in_delaware/Designs/CCxDPM-target02-2in-red-circle.pdf

Lastly, what is the name of the reloaded you use? I need to get me one of them.

The UPLULA. :) http://www.google.com/products?q=uplula

dave_in_delaware

imported post

Wynder wrote:
Correction Targets: Dave_in_Delaware made this target and it's great because it shows you what you're doing wrong.
http://home.comcast.net/~dave_in_delaware/Designs/CCxDPM-target02-2in-red-circle.pdf

I'm glad you guys had a great time! Sorry I missed you!

I do have other targets available as well if you want some variation. I have 2 different corrections targets (in righty AND lefty versions), basic bull's-eyes, and some fun things.

http://home.comcast.net/~dave_in_delaware/Designs/Designs.htm

I also have a pdf version of the Army AQT targets, just not on my website yet.

I hope to see all of you at the range someday!

radnor

imported post

Yeah, really - glad several of you made it. I wanted to, but had something else I had to do. I am thinking about heading out that way today. Should be around 130 or so....