Thread: social security dept.

Post imported post

Today I took the wife over to get her last name changed on her ss card (we got married in June and this aspect of the name change slipped our mind). But anyway there is a sign that says " no weapons" and there is a security guard present. While waiting the guard took a smoke break and was gone well over 20 min. My question is, if a nut came in and shot the place up while the guard is on his smoke break, is there grounds for a law suit?

Post imported post

Why not just spill your drink on the ground, stand up and slip on the spilt beverage? There's ground for a lawsuit if you can get an attorney to file, no matter what the circumstances (negligent or not).

Post imported post

This would probably fall under the numerous cases in which it has been found that the police have no duty to protect an individual citizen but rather their job is protect society as a whole by arresting those who have caused harm and keeping them from causing further harm.

Post imported post

Agreed with what heresolong said. If I was a "security guard" making $9/hour to stand in the corner of the SS office, I'd be the first one out the door when the shooting started. They don't get paid to take down active shooters. They get paid to make people "FEEL" safe. So, do ya?

Post imported post

G20 I like that, a feel good cop,better than calling them mall ninjas.Or how about a sheep protector.

Post imported post

Were you in a courthouse? If not, you should have OC'd.

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    If I was a "security guard" making $9/hour to stand in the corner of the SS office,
    Just fyi, in Western Washington, Paragon Security has the Federal Contract (GSA). They make approx $21-25/hr.

Post imported post

It's a Federal Office AFAIK, I dont think carrying in there is lawful, OC or CC.

Post imported post

Crackajack wrote:
    It's a Federal Office AFAIK, I dont think carrying in there is lawful, OC or CC.
    Thanks for pointing that out.

Post imported post

we got marred in June
    Freudian slip? :P
    Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.