Thread: New Article on Greg Rotz Victory

Post imported post

Post imported post

But the new sheriff is an anti

Current Sheriff Dane Anthony says the supporters were courteous and compliant. He says he hopes people will use common sense if the issue arises again in the future. "Even if you're allowed to take your weapon into a particular building, sometimes it's just not necessary," Anthony said.

Post imported post

I'm glad Greg won. Means alot to alot of us. Wish I could've been there. Also now since we all know this does this mean we won't carry our guns to vote? No it just means I think the old sheriff just tried to push his job alittle to far. We have all done it a time or two. To all that helped Greg !!! THANK YOU

State Researcher

Post imported post

Congratulations Mr. Rotz! I hope you plan to carry at the upcoming elections in PA! Again, congratulations.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

yankees98a wrote:
    He's entitled to his opinion.

Mor importantly is his position on the law. I was there and spoke with him personally. Sheriff Anthony is a respectable person that will enforce the laws as written.
    Even the soliciter made it a point to say in court, during session, that the new sheriff does not share the beliefs of the prior and that such "random and inappropriate revocations of permits would not happen under the new sheriff's admin."

Can't ask for much better than that. :celebrate

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    yankees98a wrote:
    He's entitled to his opinion.

Mor importantly is his position on the law. I was there and spoke with him personally. Sheriff Anthony is a respectable person that will enforce the laws as written.
    Even the soliciter made it a point to say in court, during session, that the new sheriff does not share the beliefs of the prior and that such "random and inappropriate revocations of permits would not happen under the new sheriff's admin."

Can't ask for much better than that. :celebrate
    I share your sentiments there. It seems that, once again, the media is blowing everything out of proportion. The sheriff's comment during one of the video interviews about there being some places where it isn't necessary to carry a firearm (but legal), IMO, doesn't place him in the "anti" category. I believe many OCers will admit that there are some places where they just don't feel a need to carry. Even more interesting is that IIRC, the video didn't put Anthony's comment in the context of which buildings he was referring to. They led the audience to assume that Anthony was talking about the polls, but they could have asked something along the lines of , "What do you feel about these people who want to carry semi-automatic sniper machine pistols with lots of cop-killer clips up to the courthouse today?" Either way, there really was no context. Just like Judge Walker's comment about banning carry in polls... I believe the media has given him a bad reputation among the pro-gun community by emphasizing that one sentence, and ignoring the rest of Walker's comments about the case.