• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EUP open carry group

louismacote

imported post

I live in the Sault Sainte Marie area, and am looking for local people who live in or near the Eastern Upper Peninsula to form an Open Carry Group much like those found in the virginias and NH. The point of the group is to have occasional meetings to discuss local politics, and gun rights; to make the public more aware of their rights; and to provide an additional crime deterent in the area. Meetings will be conducted in a very relaxed and open manner via park picnics, and community cleanup projects.

I am forming this group myself with a few other people, and plan to have the first meeting around late May, early June time frame.

Anyone interested can email me at louismacote@yahoo.com

You must be 18years of age, a Michigan resident, and legally capable of bearing arms.

northofnowhere

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mr. louismacote,

Not in your area, but probly closer then anyone else, lol. If you are ever up in the Houghton/Hancock area, I'd be glad to take an open carry walk with you. I do pass through and sometimes an overnight stay in that area though on my way to the metro Detroit area, perhaps I'll shoot you an email then, although prolly not for another year or so, jsut got back form a conference and vacation a couple months ago.

-jason

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

louismacote wrote:
You must be 18years of age, a Michigan resident, and legally capable of bearing arms.
Do you really need to add that? What about children of members. In our get togethers in the southern part of the state we encourage the kids and spouses, GF's, etc. to join in. We have also had people from Indiana join us. We have had people that don't openly carry the first time, and cometo just check it out (see others openly carrying) or learn more about open carry. Just wondering.