Thread: Alabama tri-fold "educational document"

State Researcher

Post imported post

I've taken the "old document", done some editing and made it tri-fold so that it will be more convenient.
    Please let me know your thoughts and opinions etc.

>Edit< To remove document...new improved version farther down in thread

State Researcher

Post imported post

I like it. I saw some grammer and spacing issues, but all in all a very good job CT!

Post imported post

For some reason it would not download for me.

State Researcher

Post imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
    I like it. I saw some grammer and spacing issues, but all in all a very good job CT!
    Spacing is a tad off....I did that to try to better maintain the "flow"....to fill each column, it would have meant splitting paragraphs etc.
    As for the grammar, everthing in black is a direct quote from the Code or from case law....I didn't want to change any of that.....

State Researcher

Post imported post

flounder22 wrote:
    Do you have Microsoft Word or WordPad on your computer?

Post imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
    flounder22 wrote:
    Do you have Microsoft Word or WordPad on your computer?
    No clue, will ask wife when she gets home from work. :P

State Researcher

Post imported post

Haha... Flounder, I sure hope you know guns better than computers...lol. Just picking man. You have to have one of those programs to viewa .doc file.

Post imported post

A homerun in my opinion Comp.

Although I don't think us average Joes sending it to the sherrifs is not going to do much.

If we had a lawer do it and request (and then demand) a responce it would be treated with much more weight and may actually go somewhere.

Edit:
    You may want to include Section 11-80-11

Regulation of gun shows, etc.; authority to bring or settle certain lawsuits reserved to Attorney General.

(a) No county or municipal corporation, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof, by ordinance, resolution, or other enactment, shall regulate in any manner gun shows, the possession, ownership, transport, carrying, transfer, sale, purchase, licensing, registration or use of firearms, ammunition, components of firearms, firearms dealers, or dealers in firearm components.

State Researcher

Post imported post

I agree completely with KF. I think if there's anyway we can cram the pre-emption code section in it, that might be a good inclusion.

Post imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
    Haha... Flounder, I sure hope you know guns better than computers...lol. Just picking man. You have to have one of those programs to viewa .doc file.
    Mrs. flounder says we don`t have those programs.
    Guns are simple to an ole southern boy like me, computers, NOT. :? comp-tech or vm, if I PM ed you my home mailing address, could you somehow make me a copy and put it in the mail to me. I mean if this is something we all need to see and have, what is the plan by the way,for us all to mail this out to the Sherrifs or what?

Post imported post

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Microsoft Word Viewer. It'll let you view and print word documents. It's free too.

You could also install OpenOffice or something. How can you not have office on your computer! People these days

State Researcher

Post imported post

OK guys....I took some of your suggestions and did an edit. I also realized that I had "pooched" on the other one as it would not tri-fold correctly since center section was smaller....oops
    Anyway...here's a new improved version....as always, thoughts and opinions please.

>Edit< Removed document....newer .pdf version farther down in thread.

Post imported post

Flounder,
    Once this document is perfected, I will be happy to provide you with a copy. I work 40 hours a week at a local retailer whose name will not be mentioned on this public forum, so it will be easy to arrange a time when you can meet me at work and I can hand you a printed copy or something.

Post imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
    Flounder,
    Once this document is perfected, I will be happy to provide you with a copy. I work 40 hours a week at a local retailer whose name will not be mentioned on this public forum, so it will be easy to arrange a time when you can meet me at work and I can hand you a printed copy or something.
    Hung, that sounds like a plan. As soon as you have the finished product in hand, contact me here or by PM and I will be happy to come to you. It would be great to meet you in person and after that perhaps one day we can get together and go to the pistol range and do some shooting. I need a shooting buddy anyway. i look forward to meeting you. Karl And Kurtmax, thanks for tring to help with this but I`m afraid that I might crash my computer or something and Mrs. flounder would kill me.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Some seem to have issues when printing so I've converted it to PDF....hope this one works
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
    Some seem to have issues when printing so I've converted it to PDF....hope this one works
    That`s the ticket! I have a copy hot off the presses. Looks great! I await ya`lls further instructions. :celebrate Good work Comp-tech sir!!!

Post imported post

And HungSquirrel, I still need a shooting buddy. Shoot me a PM one day and let`s get together. Karl