• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alabama tri-fold "educational document"

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

I've taken the "old document", done some editing and made it tri-fold so that it will be more convenient.
Please let me know your thoughts and opinions etc.

>Edit< To remove document...new improved version farther down in thread

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
I like it. I saw some grammer and spacing issues, but all in all a very good job CT!
Spacing is a tad off....I did that to try to better maintain the "flow"....to fill each column, it would have meant splitting paragraphs etc.
As for the grammar, everthing in black is a direct quote from the Code or from case law....I didn't want to change any of that.....

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Haha... Flounder, I sure hope you know guns better than computers...lol. Just picking man. You have to have one of those programs to viewa .doc file.

Kingfish

imported post

A homerun in my opinion Comp.

Although I don't think us average Joes sending it to the sherrifs is not going to do much.

If we had a lawer do it and request (and then demand) a responce it would be treated with much more weight and may actually go somewhere.

Edit:
You may want to include Section 11-80-11

Regulation of gun shows, etc.; authority to bring or settle certain lawsuits reserved to Attorney General.

(a) No county or municipal corporation, instrumentality, or political subdivision thereof, by ordinance, resolution, or other enactment, shall regulate in any manner gun shows, the possession, ownership, transport, carrying, transfer, sale, purchase, licensing, registration or use of firearms, ammunition, components of firearms, firearms dealers, or dealers in firearm components.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I agree completely with KF. I think if there's anyway we can cram the pre-emption code section in it, that might be a good inclusion.

flounder22

imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
Haha... Flounder, I sure hope you know guns better than computers...lol. Just picking man. You have to have one of those programs to viewa .doc file.
Mrs. flounder says we don`t have those programs.
Guns are simple to an ole southern boy like me, computers, NOT. :? comp-tech or vm, if I PM ed you my home mailing address, could you somehow make me a copy and put it in the mail to me. I mean if this is something we all need to see and have, what is the plan by the way,for us all to mail this out to the Sherrifs or what?

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

OK guys....I took some of your suggestions and did an edit. I also realized that I had "pooched" on the other one as it would not tri-fold correctly since center section was smaller....oops
Anyway...here's a new improved version....as always, thoughts and opinions please.

>Edit< Removed document....newer .pdf version farther down in thread.

HungSquirrel

imported post

Flounder,
Once this document is perfected, I will be happy to provide you with a copy. I work 40 hours a week at a local retailer whose name will not be mentioned on this public forum, so it will be easy to arrange a time when you can meet me at work and I can hand you a printed copy or something.

flounder22

imported post

HungSquirrel wrote:
Flounder,
Once this document is perfected, I will be happy to provide you with a copy. I work 40 hours a week at a local retailer whose name will not be mentioned on this public forum, so it will be easy to arrange a time when you can meet me at work and I can hand you a printed copy or something.
Hung, that sounds like a plan. As soon as you have the finished product in hand, contact me here or by PM and I will be happy to come to you. It would be great to meet you in person and after that perhaps one day we can get together and go to the pistol range and do some shooting. I need a shooting buddy anyway. i look forward to meeting you. Karl And Kurtmax, thanks for tring to help with this but I`m afraid that I might crash my computer or something and Mrs. flounder would kill me. :uhoh:

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

Some seem to have issues when printing so I've converted it to PDF....hope this one works:D

Attachments

• Tri-fold TD.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 343

flounder22

imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
Some seem to have issues when printing so I've converted it to PDF....hope this one works:D
That`s the ticket! I have a copy hot off the presses. Looks great! I await ya`lls further instructions. :celebrate Good work Comp-tech sir!!!