• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new bill introduced in TN

tnshooter

State Researcher
imported post

Sen. Jackson To Introduce Bill On Permitted Handguns In Places That Sell Alcohol
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]posted January 8, 2008[/font]

State Sen. Doug Jackson, D-Dickson, said he will introduce a bill today to allow persons with handgun carry permits to carry their weapons into establishments that sell alcohol and a bill requiring local governments to be responsible for all actual medical costs of any judgment or award against them.

SB0023 allows anyone who "has a permit to carry a handgun to carry (it) in places where alcohol is served for consumption on premises," as long as the person is not consuming alcohol and as long as the owners of the premises have not banned weapons from the premises and posted proper notification of the ban.

RickTN

State Researcher
imported post

Thanks for the post on this poll Fallguy. right now over 2/3s for restaraunt carry.

This poll needs moved out of the Tennessee page to the main page so that people that visit Tennessee can have their say also.

revis_jonathan

State Researcher
imported post

This is awesome. Finally, some real justice for us law-abiding citizens. One more gun free zone possibly gone and hopefully at least one more life saved.

I feel Mr. Jackson deserves another term next election day.

We need more people like him in SC (The STATE of CONFUSION)