• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Story you won't See

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Its interesting that all these unaffiliated or not elected delegates have already choosen their candidates. Of course they can change their mind.

tarzan1888

imported post

longwatch wrote:
................Of course they can change their mind.

And they DO.Historically most candidates don't have enough votes going into the convention to sow up the nomination, and have to get delegates to switch and vote for them. Most of the time the delegates stay true the first vote, before they switch.

Tarzan

tarzan1888

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
These are convention delegates, controlled by the party, and not Electoral College Electors presumed faithful........

This is true, but even Electoral College Electors have changed their minds.

tarzan

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
This is true, but even Electoral College Electors have changed their minds.
Hence, "faithless." And the faithless are notable exceptions.

The Constitution and 12th Amendment provide for the EC and will have to be amended/legislated out of existence to do away with the EC. That is as portentious as infringing the 2A away.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

color of law wrote:
SNIP Tarzan got no votes. This whole election system is rigged. Not one vote for Tarzan, not one.
Investigate Cheetah, the chimp. He's probably a Hillary operative.

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

I love how these so-called 'Super Delegates' can change the hand of a nomination and override the will of the people in the primaries. Just goes to show how a select few have the power and continue to prey on the people.

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
I love how these so-called 'Super Delegates' can change the hand of a nomination and override the will of the people in the primaries. Just goes to show how a select few have the power and continue to prey on the people.
+1 ...... IMHO, they should follow the will of the people....no delegates, no EC

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Shopping, cherry-picking thru the COTUS and BoR for just the sort of tyranny that appeals, like tyranny of the majority? Democracy is the rule of fools by fools.

Try it this way; bolshevik is democrat translated into Russian (from the Russian "bolshinstvo" (majority) . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolshevik

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA-AHSA KMA$$

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
Shopping, cherry-picking thru the COTUS and BoR for just the sort of tyranny that appeals, like tyranny of the majority? Democracy is the rule of fools by fools.

Try it this way; bolshevik is democrat translated into Russian (from the Russian "bolshinstvo" (majority) . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bolshevik

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA-AHSA KMA$$
What would be the best way to elect a President if not by popular vote?
As history shows, if not "by the people"...chances are good that it won't be "for the people" either.....

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
What would be the best way to elect a President if not by popular vote?
As history shows, if not "by the people"...chances are good that it won't be "for the people" either.....

The answer to your question is a premise to your question (modus ponens - 'begging the question'). The best way to elect (your premise!) a President is Constitutionally via the Electoral College, else the tryanny of the ignorant majority.

Leftism is leftism whether democracy or communism or bolshevism.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed wehre they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA-AHSA KMA$$

rb8941

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:

"Democracy isthe rule of fools by fools." Strongly disagree.

I believe it was Winston Churchill who said it best, "Democracy is the worst possible form of government... except for all the other forms of government."

Erus

imported post

rb8941 wrote:

I believe it was Winston Churchill who said it best, "Democracy is the worst possible form of government... except for all the other forms of government."

Churchill is all well and good, but isn't Franklin (non british patriotic hero type) credited with saying: "Democracy is two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the Vote."?

Whether he said it or not, it shows what's wrong with Democracy. I'll take the good old Constitional Republic anyday.

Change the language to mean what you want it to mean and you can manipulate not only the argument, but the IDEAS behind it.

The U.S. is NOT a Democracy, but ask any schoolchild..... (and almost all ordinary citizens, for that matter)

Erus

Legba

imported post

The US is a plutocracy - how many non-millionaires are even running now? Sorry, my Bolshevik colors are showing...

-ljp

Erus

imported post

Legba wrote:
The US is a plutocracy - how many non-millionaires are even running now? Sorry, my Bolshevik colors are showing...

-ljp

OK I'll concede that, sorrowfully.. Let me rephrase.. the U.S. was DESIGNED and created to be.. etc etc.

And Legba, since when are Red, White, & Blue Bolshevik colors? Those arethe only colors I see on you in this post. :)

Erus

Legba

imported post

Slightly more red than white and blue at times, but thanks. I don't think I'm politically too far afield from the mainstream, for the most part. Now if we only had that pesky universal health care...

-ljp

Tomahawk

imported post

rb8941 wrote:
Doug Huffman wrote:

Churchill would've been laughed at by the founders, but he was just an alcoholic with aBritish problem. Look at his country, now. Try OC'ing in his "democracy" and see what happens.

The foundershated three forms of government more than any other: monarchy, oligarchy, and democracy.

The word democracy didn't become fashionable until the progressive era, which yielded bozos like Woodrow Wilson and FDR, and of course, the sainted Churchill. It was during this era that gun control morphed from a local, racist-based version to a national indescriminate type involving Treasury agents (BATF) and other centralized nonsense.

When you blow off the constitution for modern cult ideas like democracy that's what you get.