• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Updates for Michigan

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

kmcdowel wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
COLLEGE CARRY:

[align=left]Michigan State University, University of Michigan, and Wayne State University Buildings and Campus are off limits to those even with a Permit to Carry. All other colleges, etc the only place off limits are the Classrooms and Dormitories. ( handgunlaw.us ).
[/align]
...Where didthis come from Springer?

It's listed on the handgunlaw.us site. I've emailed then and asked them to provide a reference for this statement. We shall see.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Venator wrote:
kmcdowel wrote:
SpringerXDacp wrote:
COLLEGE CARRY:

[align=left]Michigan State University, University of Michigan, and Wayne State University Buildings and Campus are off limits to those even with a Permit to Carry. All other colleges, etc the only place off limits are the Classrooms and Dormitories. ( handgunlaw.us ).
[/align]
...Where didthis come from Springer?

It's listed on the handgunlaw.us site. I've emailed then and asked them to provide a reference for this statement. We shall see.

Received this from MCRGO. I'm still not satisfied as it's he said she said opinions. I have sent a question to the AG's office asking for some law citations in this regard. I'll keep all posted.

MCRGO's response:

Brian, It is the way those schools are chartered. Their board is

elected and not appointed like the rest of the college boards for the

other state schools. Being elected allows them to set their own rules

when it comes to firearms. Or it is just the opposite that they are

appointed and the others are elected. I can't remember now which way

it is. But I have talked to many people in Michigan and many trainers

who have told me about the way the schools are chartered.

Joel Fulton and I had a long telephone chat about this subject. He is

very involved in the RKBA in Michigan and is close to those in Power

who write and enforce the laws. He explained it to me. If he tells me

about Michigan Law then it is fact. Stay Safe, Gary Slider