• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

American Hunters and Shooters Ad on OCDO

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Oh the Irony, I saw a small google ad for AHSA on OCDO. Duct tape alert.
The ad leads you to this:
http://act.huntersandshooters.org/t/639/signUp.jsp?key=1629
Sign our petition to the U.S. Supreme Court:
Save the Second Amendment
The United States Supreme Court will decide a Second Amendment case this year for the first time in seventy years. That case seeks to overturn the District of Columbia’s infringement of the citizens right to keep and bear arms.
The American Hunters and Shooters Association believes the DC gun law should be amended to allow law-abiding citizens the right to acquire and keep handguns in their homes and places of business.
AHSA supports the Second Amendment to the US Constitution and the use of firearms for all lawful purposes, including hunting, self-defense, collecting, and competitive or recreational shooting.​
AHSA is filing a brief with the U.S. Supreme Court asking them to protect the rights of individuals consistent with original intent of the Constitution.
Then I clicked on Who We Are:
According to a 2003 Field & Stream National Hunting Survey, sportsmen overwhelmingly support reasonable gun safety proposals. Moreover, an overwhelming majority of hunters support proposals like background checks to purchase guns, keeping military style assault weapons off our streets and the elimination of cop killer bullets.

In recent years, extreme political positions purporting to support gun rights have jeopardized our sport and have hurt the image of responsible gun owners. Unless the sporting community can become unified behind an organization that fights for safe and responsible hunting and shooting practices and sensible gun ownership, future generations may be unable to participate in and enjoy the shooting sports.

What We Stand For AHSA is committed to supporting the right to keep and bear arms, protecting our homes, and preserving our liberties.
Hunting and sport shooting are American values AHSA will vigorously defend.
AHSA is dedicated to protecting and maintaining our nation’s valuable wilderness resources for the preservation and use of all Americans.
AHSA is committed to safety in all aspects of the shooting sports including the recognition that adults are responsible for keeping guns out of the hands of children.
AHSA is committed to supporting our nation’s law enforcement officers in their fight against easy access to guns by criminals, terrorists and others.
AHSA is a non-partisan organization that advocates and advances sensible public policies. We will never support unfettered access to all types of weapons.

Thundar

imported post

These are the really dangerous people. They are the covert gun grabbers. Open gun grabbers are bad, but we can see them coming. The AHSA believes in some guns for some people. They enable many gun control laws by giving those laws an aura of legitimacy from people that like to hunt.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Isn't the AHSA merely echoing the NRA 'reasonable regulations' cant? Will the NRA apologists now line up for the AHSA too? Or will they send me more poison-pen PMs, shooting at the messenger?

I am amused that disabling PMs only keeps me from seeing them or sending administrative back-channel comments and does not prevent grafitti (means little writing) artists from venting.

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA-AHSA KMA$$

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Isn't AHSA Bob Ricker's organization?

The same Bob Ricker who wouldn't speak in front of gun owners at the Burke Public Library?