• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TSA Arrogance Threatens Safety Of Air Travelers-Classified Information

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Credit to John R. Lott, Jr. for his story at http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/,
Transportation Security Administration might be off its rocker
http://www.crimefilenews.com/2007/12/tsa-arrogance-threatens-safety-of-air.html

http://bp3.blogger.com/_vmpSO2BbYCE/R3TpigwzgGI/AAAAAAAAA0U/U-tU0OVt8fw/s400/Holstervault_key_2.jpg

I’m about to expose “classified information” about some internal workings and policies of the Transportation Security Administration. This is being written with the hope that the Flight Deck Officer (FDO) program will be taken away from the TSA and placed where it belongs, under a real law enforcement agency such as the United States Marshall’s Office.

Classifying government information was intended as a way to safeguard vital information from falling into the hands of our enemies. The TSA seems to only classify information to cover up their own ineptitude, ignorance and incompetence.

As a certified law-enforcement firearms trainer I have more than a passing interest in this type of activity, laws and policies.

The FDOs are airline pilots who have been specially screened and trained so they can carry firearms in order to protect the cockpits of their aircraft. Under TSA rules the FDOs are forbidden to take any action outside of the cockpit to protect passengers and crew. Limiting the FDO’s control over their aircraft enables rather than restrict terrorist attacks. Our Pilots are under absolutely insane micromanaging and regulation while terrorists are free to do whatever is necessary to destroy and kill whatever they wish.

The bureaucrats and political hacks of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the newly formed TSA are not trained as law enforcement officers and are absolutely unqualified to regulate the quasi law-enforcement function of airline security. Despite the serious nature of aviation security these unqualified people have been given absolute control over security by our politicians.

The FAA and TSA bureaucrats have fought tooth & nail any arming of flight crews. They lost that battle but continue to impede the safety of Americans by their obstructionist antics. These schemes included making pilots lug around a 22 pound vault for their side arms. The idea was to make sure the pilots can’t have access to their weapons until they are locked in their cockpits. Only then are the pilots allowed to open the vaults in this very confined space.

The vault requirement was and is bizarre and unworkable. After much criticism the vault requirement was lifted in favor of yet another screwball idea. The padlocked FDO holster was born. That’s right a holster with a combination padlock on it! At this point I have to ask if it’s the right time for mandatory drug testing and psychological examinations of TSA officials.

None of the law enforcement firearms trainers I’ve talked to view this padlock holster as anything more that a hazard to all but terrorists trying to kill and injure Americans. These trainers are baffled to learn of the holster lock and unlock procedures that I won’t disclose here.

The TSA Air Marshalls and the federal law enforcement officers cleared to carry firearms on airliners are trained in the area of weapons retention. The pilots are capable of safely controlling multimillion dollar planes carrying hundreds of passengers, are they incapable of retaining their side arms?

We need to force the TSA and FAA to allow trained FDO’s the ability to carry their side arms in the tried and true manner law enforcement officers have been doing for a very long time. At the same time the obstacles that inhibit pilots from joining the FDO program have to be eliminated. Will we have to wait for yet another senseless tragedy before we fix a problem? One thing for sure, the TSA is the problem here.http://www.crimefilenews.com/2007/12/tsa-arrogance-threatens-safety-of-air.html

Doug Huffman writes:
I've written before here, sarcastically, of an "approved triple-retention eXtreme never-release holster" never imagining that such would be considered. I hope that the image anyway, if not the TSA, is a hoax.
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

buckwoods

imported post

That ANYONE would be concerned with a pilot having a hangun for defensive purposes is nuts to me. We all trust their judgement and capabilities everytime we board a plane - so what is the problem??? Typical government non-logic.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My cousin's husband is a MD-11 pilot, and he told me that he would carry in the cockpit except for all the stupid restrictions. He said it was too much of a pain in the neck.

sjhipple

imported post

Thank you Bush for wasting my money while you protect the illusionary safety I enjoy at the airport, that just so happens to be a major pain in the ass.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid federal government :banghead:

Did I miss a constitutional amendment that says, "The right of federal government employees to act in a totally obtuse and mentally deranged manner shall not be infringed."?

I_Hate_Illinois

imported post

We need citizen legislators, not career politicians. By enacting term limits on every elected position and time limits on unelected positions, we can clear away the shit every few years.

No NAU

imported post

Slightly off topic but TSA is a joke.

I had to visit in-law relatives that required my passing through the People's Republic of San Francisco airport over Thanksgiving.

Upon taking off my shoes, belt etc. and not having any liquids I was walking through security holding my 4 year old daughters hand. She knows when we are in crowded confusing places like airports to always either hold my hand or if my hands are busy to hang on tight to my pants so I know she has a grip. So one of the TSA guys tells me he needs to search me. Why? Because I am wearing "baggy clothes." I was wearing cargos and a t-shirt. So he starts kind of pushing me into this little glass cage thing and my daughter starts freaking out trying to stay with me as my wife and 10 month old were behind us a few feet and she couldn't get to them so she was being left standing alone and she didn't like that and started reaching for me. The TSA "security" in his attempts to speak english :cuss: is trying to keep her away from me and I'm starting to get pissed because I'll play their stupid game to train the sheeple but don't mess with and scare my kids. I managed to get my wife's attention, by yelling, and she was able to come over and get my daughter while I was being put in the glass box. Then I managed to decipher this fellow wanted to frisk me. Ok buddy I'm a law abiding citizen so frisk away if it means I can just get out of that goofy place. So he performs a frisk. It was the worst, most incomplete joke of a frisk I have ever had. I've been frisked better by concert security. The guy didn't even touch where I normally carry and didn't get the insides of my legs. I could have walked pretty much anything through there if I were a person intent on doing others harm, which I am not. So either the whole thing was for show or the TSA guy was completely incompetent at his job. Whichever the case the are equally scary for different reasons.:what:

imperialism2024

imported post

deepdiver wrote:
Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid federal government :banghead:

Did I miss a constitutional amendment that says, "The right of federal government employees to act in a totally obtuse and mentally deranged manner shall not be infringed."?
It's called the ability to regulate interstate commerce. Or that's what they'll say, at least...

No NAU: That's exactly why I don't fly. That's also why I drive a good 20,000 miles per year.