• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pizza man shoots robbery suspect

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

http://news14.com/content/headlines/591581/pizza-man-shoots-robbery-suspect/Default.aspx

watch_video_txt.gif

Pizza Man Fires Back
News 14 Carolina's Bryn Hough has more on a case of vigilante justice that led to the Charlotte's fourth homicide in eight days.

CHARLOTTE -- A pizza delivery man fought back after an attempted robbery late Tuesday night in east Charlotte.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police say the man was delivering pizza around 9 p.m. to an address at the Greenbrier apartments off Sharon Amity Road, near Eastland Mall.

When the customer tried to rob him, police say the delivery man fired shots then reported the incident. The victim was lying on the grass when police and paramedics arrived. He was pronounced dead at the scene.

01pizza_shoot.jpg

The shooting happened around 9 p.m. at the Greenbrier apartments off Sharon Amity Road, near Eastland Mall.
This marks the fourth homicide in Charlotte through the first eight days of the year.

“Only eight days into the year and already this is our fourth homicide," said CMPD Officer Bob Fey. "It’s troubling and it’s definitely a concern."

Police have not said if the delivery man will face charges. They have not released the name of the person killed at this time.

Watch the video. The pig faced reporter calls it a murder :banghead:! Why not execute the man on TV? You have already judged him!

compmanio365

imported post

I'm sorry? Homicide is a crime......this guy hasn't been charged with a crime at all, much less been convicted of anything,so how could it be homicide? Actually, until PROVEN guilty, the guy is INNOCENT of any wrong doing! Sheesh.

Decoligny

imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
I'm sorry? Homicide is a crime......this guy hasn't been charged with a crime at all, much less been convicted of anything,so how could it be homicide? Actually, until PROVEN guilty, the guy is INNOCENT of any wrong doing! Sheesh.
No, Homicide is not necessarily a crime. Ever heard of Justifiable Homicide??Homicide is defined simply as"the taking of a human life".

There are many different variations of Criminal Homicide; Murder in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree, manslaughter in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree, etc., etc., etc.. these are the crimes.

If he shot and killed the robber, then a homicide has been committed. Now it is the job of the detectives to determine if there is evidence of a crime. Then the District Attorney determines if there is enough evidence to get a conviction.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Exactly. My issue is with the reporter saying murder. The officer was correct in calling it a homicide, but the media automatically calls homicide murder,giving the reason for calling soldiers at war murderers.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

What I don't get is why they labeled it "Vigilante Justice" instead of self-defense. The news seems to think that people aren't supposed to do ANYTHING when they get robbed or see someone commiting a felony, and if we do something, then it's vigilantism. Are we supposed to just sit back and wait for the cops? Wtf?

revis_jonathan

State Researcher
imported post

This type of stuff just frustrates thecrap out of me. :banghead:

The only thing is he went to the residence of another and killed the resident, that is what makes this look so bad.

Also, apparently the people at this news station don't like self-defense. Maybe one day they will be in a situation where they use self-defense to save theirselves. Then lets see what they claim it to be; self defense or vigilante justice or murder.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I didn't care for the word murder. I suspect its just sloppiness on the part of the reporter on the scene.

My stronger objection is to the anchor's phrase, "could be another case of vigilante justice."

RickTN

State Researcher
imported post

I don't get the vigilante justice part , that makes it sound like the pizza delivery guy went there on a hunting trip. When he was just doing his job and some dirtbag tried to take something that wasn't his.

Mr. Pizza Delivery guy, I salute you for standing up for your rights

Weak 9mm

imported post

If he was robbed when he went to the door, I think he would almost certainly have to assume that the person may not even live in the house he's in front of. The possibility that the robber may have done something to the people legitimately living there, who perhaps did legitimately order a pizza, cannot be ruled out. The pizza guy would have to consider the fact that he had just happened to interrupt this person's attempted robbery. That situation is so crazy that I can't blame him for reacting in such a manner. To rob someone in front of YOUR OWN HOUSE is insane. I don't know of anyone stupid enough to call a delivery place, thus documenting the time, the location of their residence, their phone number and their name, and then rob the driver. I get the feeling that there is a lot of information being left out. If not, then the robber got what he deserved, because if that's the case it must have been a planned ambush, which is absolutely filthy.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Weak 9mm wrote:
SNIP I get the feeling that there is a lot of information being left out.
This is why I pretty much gave up discussing these incidents. The mediaalmost alwaysleaves out information necessary to making an informed conclusion.