Thread: What do you say when asked about carrying?

Post imported post

Often while OC'ing I get a lot of inquisitive looks. The bolder people come up and comment or question me about my firearm/carrying of. Without going into a diatribe about my rights as Virginia resident to OC, I'll gauge whether or not they're for or against before Ibegin to answer their inquiry. Most of my encounters have been positive and often times enlightening for the individual who asks. Often times I'll answer with" I'm permitted by law to carry" which kills the do I have a permit to carry question(which happens to be the most asked.) This will either confuse or satisfy the person long enough to keep on about my business. The "self-defense" answer is good, but I feel it leads to more questions. I don't mind having a conversation about why I carry, the law pertaining to, etc., when I have time. Also, I don't like to just give outaccessible info/advice as to what you can and can't do. Any law-abiding residentcan OC in VA, but you should learn about thison your own to determine whether you trust yourself to carry in public. Any ideas or suggestions?

Post imported post

I briefly explain VA law and handthem a Yellow VCDL Gun laws card.
    I invite them to check out VCDL's web site.

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

That's easy enough. I still haven't commited to the VCDL yet. I will eventually. Thanks

Post imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
    I still haven't commited to the VCDL yet. I will eventually. Thanks
    Why wait? VCDL is easily the best gun rights and self defense organization in the country. Now that we're going into the legislative session in Richmond, this would be a great time to join the thousands of fellow citizens who already belong.

Post imported post

The bolder people come up and comment or question me about my firearm/carrying of.
    Thank them for noticing your fine choice of sidearm and/or holster. Tell them who made it and ask if they want information about how to get in touch with the maker.

I envy you, because it seems most folks who post here complain that they get hassled about OC'ing - sometimes to the point of being threatened with being arrested.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit