• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AZ CWP's

b1ack5mith

imported post

hey everyone, im a resident of UT, and i OC here every time i leave the house... and i was wondering, what is the AZ CWP age? here, its 21, but i know that UT accepts every states CWP. up untill recently, residents of canada, and other countries were getting CWPs in america to carry around their weapons when they visit here... but they revoked this law, so now only american citizens can. is AZ an 18 yr old CWP state? cause i can just drive down there and grab one (my sis lives near queen creek, or used to) thanks for your time!

b1ack5mith

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

You could always move to Alabama! Of course, with the "may issue" rhetoric, and weird sheriff's, you may have to get robbed at knife point a few times before they will issue you a permit (as was my case).

b1ack5mith

imported post

thank you very much! :) i will fill this out immediately (i will need to find an instructor now, for proof of handgun training)

dave1289

imported post

No problem bud. You shouldn't haven too much trouble finding an instructor in your state. I was thinking about getting the Maine permit too (I'm 18). Let me know how long it takes them to process and send it to you.

good luck,
Dave

b1ack5mith

imported post

okay dude, so i was lookin into it, and all we need is proof of handgun safety training (a signed document) and thats the main thing, im going to print out the papers, and look around for a place i can get my documentation for passing a course (cant do it tomarrow, going to be at a minuteman meet)

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

As I posted in the other thread about this subject, you need to be sure that your status as a Utah resident wouldn't make your Maine PL invalid in UT. Several states have statutes that make it necessary for their residents to have resident licenses of that state to carry.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
i looked into it, and ME offers non-resident permits (mail-in) so this is the route i will select :)
Utah will honor a Maine permit, just as we honor all other permits. However, I do not know if they will honor a Maine permit issued to someone younger than 21 years of age.

A strict reading of 76-10-523 imposes no age limits on those holding permits from other States or counties.

I have not checked administrative rules to see if they have attempted to impose a more strict requirement than that imposed by statute. Such would, of course, be illegal. But it might also require more money and grief than you want to expend to prove it illegal.

I am not a lawyer, this is not legal advice.