• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Humorous Story that happened today (mildly related to OC)

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Okay, so I was at a cookout this afternoon after I got out of class. I am not that close to the guy who owned the property, so I was CCing. Well we were out back sitting around the grill/pool b-sing waiting on the food to finish cooking. A friend of mine from work thought it would be funny to see her good co-worker Andrew get soaking wet. She stood nonchalantly talking to someone else, and as I walked between her and the pool's edge, well, you can guess what happens next... SPLASH!

Luckily, I was quick enough to grab her arm and bring her in with me :lol:. Joining us, however, was my XD, which, needless to say, got a nice cleaning and lubing, and a new box of gold dots when I left.

To make it OC related: Perhaps if I had been OCing, she wouldn't have pushed me into the pool? I doubt it. This girl's a nut and would've done it anyway (she knows I carry and knew I had a gun on me then). It was funny and I had a blast. Luckily, I had a backup mag in the truck, so I popped it in and charged the gun. XDs are made so tough that I wasn't too worried about it failing if I needed it just from getting a little wet. The ammo's probably still good as well, but no since chancing it. I kept the old stuff that got wet, and will shoot it on my next range trip, but in all seriousness I do trust my life to this stuff, so a fresh box was in order I think. I don't get to shoot my carry ammo too often (at a buck a round, I can't afford to!), so it'll be fun.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

I probably shouldn't, but as I'm sure that no one of importance (cough cough girlfriend cough) reads this forum, I will.

Blue halter top. No bra. Very sexy ;) (I actually had to sit in a wet t-shirt because she made me give her my button up that was in my truck!)

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah... this is Alabama bud. It ain't snowed in this part of the state since around '92. I was around 4ish. We don't actually have a winter in Alabama. There is a joke that the four seasons here are: "Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas." Ain't that right CT? Of course, for people in my part of the state, anything above Montgomery is "up north" so you might be too far off to know what we mean. Here, we are most adapted to 115 degrees in the shade, with 100% humidity. When it hits fourty here, people start putting on parkas.

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Are we nuts?

I'll tell you nuts. I had a friend from up state New York who convinced me to go home with her last year (she came down here to go to school... family in the area or something). Anyway, we were up there for New Years and she told me that we were going to a bonfire. Well it was like negative 400 degrees outside with like 6 feet of snow, so I wasn't exactly excited anyway. Well, she drags me outside and we get in the truck and her brother drives us down this road and out into this HUGE open field where there were like 20 other trucks. They were all standing around a big fire pit with an epic sized bonfire in it. But wait!

This isn't a fire pit! This is a melted hole! We are on a frozen lake! What the hell?!?!?!?! We're on ice, in a truck, WITH A FIRE! Those people are nuts!

Comp-tech

State Researcher
imported post

vmathis12019 wrote:
Yeah... this is Alabama bud. It ain't snowed in this part of the state since around '92. I was around 4ish. We don't actually have a winter in Alabama. There is a joke that the four seasons here are: "Almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas." Ain't that right CT? Of course, for people in my part of the state, anything above Montgomery is "up north" so you might be too far off to know what we mean. Here, we are most adapted to 115 degrees in the shade, with 100% humidity. When it hits fourty here, people start putting on parkas.
LOL..I couldn't agree more
Here's an example of what makes "winter" tough on us.....about a week ago, I discovered to by dismay that I had forgotten to cover my hose bib....bursted pipes etc. since it was below 20 the night before....it was 60 that afternoon when I made the repair.
During our winter, if you don't like weather outside, go back in for a few minutes......

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Comp-tech wrote:
vmathis12019 wrote:
LOL..I couldn't agree more
Here's an example of what makes "winter" tough on us.....about a week ago, I discovered to by dismay that I had forgotten to cover my hose bib....bursted pipes etc. since it was below 20 the night before....it was 60 that afternoon when I made the repair.
During our winter, if you don't like weather outside, go back in for a few minutes......

I had always heard "If ya don't like the weather in alabama, what a little while." But the principle is the same. Like today, high was around 74. Tomorrow it's supposed to be 55. Two weeks ago, the low was 19. Tonight it's 60. Today it was bright and sunny. Right now we are under a tornado warning (don't worry, storm is a little north of here and twister's don't travel south). The weathermen have actually given up trying to predict the weather and just spend their five minute segments on the news talking about doorknobs...