Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMWAG arrested - any update?

Post imported post

Danbus -

Today was your day in court. Is it all over? What happened?

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

State Researcher

Post imported post

Maybe he got sent to the clink? Hope not, but if I remember the story correctly, I'm not so sure that he wasn't being a catalyst for the situation. Again, I do hope his situation worked out, but we should ALL remember that discretion is the better part of valour.

Post imported post

Number Date Time Result Type Courtroom Plea Min ContinuanceCode 02 12/28/07 1000AM Continued 000 03 01/10/08 1000AM Continued COMM 000 04 02/11/08 1000AM

It's continued again now February 11th.

Post imported post

glockfan wrote:
    Number Date Time Result Type Courtroom Plea Min ContinuanceCode 02 12/28/07 1000AM Continued 000 03 01/10/08 1000AM Continued COMM 000 04 02/11/08 1000AM

Does it say who continued it?

Post imported post

Was this the "Waiting outside the bank for a ladyfriend" incident or the "checking out police activity in my neighborhood" incident, or the "Hauled off the Bus" incident he got arrested for?

He has so many incidents and unless youpay constant attentionyoulose track.

The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

"checking out police activity in my neighborhood"?
    It was this incident.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
    glockfan wrote:

The Judge continued it - he's then only one who has the power to. :P

Does it say who asked for the continuance? -- There, fixed it for you.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Post imported post

EVERYBODY JUST BE PATIENT

I talked with Danbus a few minutes ago. There will probably be an update early next week, but not before then.

No, I will not tell you why, even tho I do know why. It's just the way it's going to be.

Go outside and enjoy the weather over the weekend. Maybe visit with me at the VCDL table at the Richmond gin show Saturday PM. Go to the range and fire off a few. Just be patient.

stay safe.

skidmark

----Allahpundit

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

Sorry, I'm quite satisfied with our local Death's Door Gun, and Vodka too. Daily beverage is Capitol City's Island Wheat Beer.

Corrected comma error.

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    Neplusultra wrote:
    glockfan wrote:

The Judge continued it - he's then only one who has the power to. :P

Does it say who asked for the continuance? -- There, fixed it for you.

stay safe.

skidmark
    Stay safe? More like crusin' for a brusin'

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    EVERYBODY JUST BE PATIENT

I talked with Danbus a few minutes ago. There will probably be an update early next week, but not before then.

No, I will not tell you why, even tho I do know why. It's just the way it's going to be.

Go outside and enjoy the weather over the weekend. Maybe visit with me at the VCDL table at the Richmond gin show Saturday PM. Go to the range and fire off a few. Just be patient.

stay safe.

skidmark
    skidmark,

i'll make sure to stop by and say hello. i'll be coming straight from hunting (gettin' rid of those pesky squirrels this weekend) so don't pay any attention to the blood.

Banned

Post imported post

sounds like a continuance was granted pending a plea agreement. No offense but sounds like this guy may be using bad judgment if he really has had all these arrests for open carrying. Someone needs to counsel him on his technique or something. Is he carrying a couple of colt .45s in a western gun fighters holster or something ? What is drawling this amount of police interaction.

Post imported post

jack wrote:
    Is he carrying a couple of colt .45s in a western gun fighters holster or something ?
    Are you implying that there would be something wrong with that?

Post imported post

jack wrote:
    sounds like a continuance was granted pending a plea agreement. No offense but sounds like this guy may be using bad judgment if he really has had all these arrests for open carrying. Someone needs to counsel him on his technique or something. Is he carrying a couple of colt .45s in a western gun fighters holster or something ? What is drawling this amount of police interaction.
    He sure does seem to find more trouble that the average guy here.

His problem is that he placed himself in the last situation voluntarily.

He walked up with his gun displayed and requested [demanded] the police tell him what was going on in their interviewing a young black male.

They, in turn, made a request on him too.... let's see someID. :what:

He refused!They won and he lost.

Post imported post

jack wrote:
    maybe the reason DB doenst immediately post to ocdo like he may have done at one time is because armchair quarterbacks have nothing better to do than constantlycriticize?

Banned

Post imported post

Lou_Sanderson wrote:
    jack wrote:
    maybe the reason DB doenst immediately post to ocdo like he may have done at one time is because armchair quarterbacks have nothing better to do than constantlycriticize?
    Many people carry everyday no one I know or have even ever heard off has this volume of arrests for open carry.

We aren't arm chair types, we carry just without getting arrested. This BMWAGpuzzles me a bit.

If he actually approached the police while armed, when they were conducting an stop he was asking for trouble. Frankly I have a hard time believing anyone would do that ! Is this actually confirmed ?

Post imported post

There is an old thread that went on about this for pages and pages and pages, let's not start up again.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    SNIP Maybe visit with me at the VCDL table at the Richmond gin show Saturday PM. Go to the range and fire off a few. Just be patient.

stay safe.

skidmark
    It is not acceptable to mention hard drinks on Friday before quitting time.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    There is an old thread that went on about this for pages and pages and pages, let's not start up again.
    I heard that!

Unfortunately, too many ppl around here are have a high affinity towardbeating dead horses.

Post imported post

Lou_Sanderson wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    I heard that!

Unfortunately, too many ppl around here are have a high affinity towardbeating dead horses.
    +1. Enough of the armchair quarterbacking.

Post imported post

ama-gi wrote:
    Lou_Sanderson wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    I heard that!

+1. Enough of the armchair quarterbacking.

We do not want OCDO to be the DHRC....Dead Horse Riding Club!!
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Lou_Sanderson wrote:
    jack wrote:
    DB is the person who brought the incidents to the attention of the board. He did so with great detail, audio recordings, transcripts of the audio recordings, and ongoing updates on each of his endevors.

I think this indicates in vivid detail and by example that DB WANTED this attention from the board, lest he never would have given such a wealth and detailed accounting of his activites, not only after they occured, but with ongoing updates to boot.

Respectfuly, if we're "not suppose to discuss it" or "debate pros and cons" then perhapse it shouldn't have been posted on OCDO in such extensive detail in the first place.
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Post imported post

ChinChin wrote:
    DB is the person who brought the incidents to the attention of the board. He did so with great detail, audio recordings, transcripts of the audio recordings, and ongoing updates on each of his endevors.

I think this indicates in vivid detail and by example that DB WANTED this attention from the board, lest he never would have given such a wealth and detailed accounting of his activites, not only after they occured, but with ongoing updates to boot.

Respectfuly, if we're "not suppose to discuss it" or "debate pros and cons" then perhapse it shouldn't have been posted on OCDO in such extensive detail in the first place.
    Fair enough.

It does seem to me that the REAL reason some people are upset with DB is not because he did anything wrong, but rather because his style is different than others. It seems to me that some members of the critical crowd would be happy if DB behaved the way they do - as if they have some sort of monopoly on the most appropriateway to behave.

I respect individuality. I don’t seek to encourage everyone else to act the way I act, think the way I think, or behave the way I behave- whether I agree with it the actions, thoughts, or behaviors in question or not.

Banned

Post imported post

I agree to a point, but open carry is not properly showcased to the public by approaching law enforcement armed, and demanding details of what is occurring on their stop. He is lucky they didn't drawl down on him, depending on the nature of the call that might have been the proper action on their part. Frankly I would almost expect it .

If we cause a lot of incidents like this it will only be a matter of time before our State legislatures pass a ban on open carry. That would be a real pain, especially during the summer and for those of us that carry full size weapons.

I know everyone here believes that open carry is a RIGHT, and I concur however we have watched many "rights" get legislated away with full support of a very leftist Supreme court.

With the legislatureyou now have in Virginia, incidents like BMWAG is apparentlyknown for causing will only lead to further bad legislation. Liberals think everything can be solved with new laws restricting personal freedom, expect it.

In Virginia there is some really bad legislation being introduced right now that will expand police powers and from what I hear it was a direct result of a few incidents that liberal turn into a "big issue needing to be addressed".

Post imported post

I have said this before....

Danbus is the point man that everyone is admiring for his willingness to "make a stand"

The bad part is that he is generating bad history that can be used against OC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast